Windows 10: Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

Discus and support Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Krease007, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Krease007 Win User

Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if this is malware or something. I cant end it and I cant see its file location, and Windows 11 Microsoft defender doesn't find anything even with a full scan. The only kinda sketchy thing I've downloaded was Minecraft shaders. Can someone help me please, thanks.

:)

Krease007, Sep 30, 2022
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Search Box in Windows Task Manager

I would like to suggest Microsoft for providing Search Box in Windows Task Manager. While running too many tasks, the search box is required to search the processes.

Peratchi Selvam, Sep 30, 2022
  4. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5 - Similar Threads - Unknown Application running

2. Unknown application running on Laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown application running on Laptop screen: i got an unknown app open on my laptop screen and idk what it is. it started to appear about a week ago. i try Window Security scan, MS windows malicious software removal tool. i try disabled start up service in msconfig. and nothing help....
  3. Unknown application running on Laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown application running on Laptop screen: i got an unknown app open on my laptop screen and idk what it is. it started to appear about a week ago. i try Window Security scan, MS windows malicious software removal tool. i try disabled start up service in msconfig. and nothing help....
  4. Unknown application running on Laptop screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5: Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if this is malware or something. I cant end it and I cant see its file location, and Windows 11 Microsoft defender doesn't find...
  6. Searching for a process in the task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching for a process in the task manager: Hello there. Does the Windows 10 task manager have some way of searching for a process by name? Just reading through the list is incredibly frustrating. submitted by /u/i_lack_chromosomes [link] [comments]...
  7. Running Processes in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  8. unknown application running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown application running: recently this few days i just update my Windows 10 Home, after those updates i have this unknown application try to run everytime i start my PC, it pop up and blocked by my Panda Dome Global Protection notification with this something like code or script :...
  9. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!: Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they...
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916