Windows 10: unknown application running

Discus and support unknown application running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; recently this few days i just update my Windows 10 Home, after those updates i have this unknown application try to run everytime i start my PC, it pop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mohammad Nazif #45, May 17, 2020.

1. unknown application running

recently this few days i just update my Windows 10 Home, after those updates i have this unknown application try to run everytime i start my PC, it pop up and blocked by my Panda Dome Global Protection notification with this something like code or script :

d4f00cdc-f227-40f0-9809-c74955801951.tmp.exe

is it some kind of program or a potential malware or spyware?, please if some body can help me with this, i much appreciate it.

:)

Mohammad Nazif #45, May 17, 2020

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 17, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unknown USB device

Hi Ali,

To better assist you, kindly provide some more information regarding the issue:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for any updates regarding this matter.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 17, 2020
  4. josekym Win User

unknown application running

"Unknown" application in list

Hello All,

I have experienced a weird issue just lately. Last night, I fully charged my phone (6233) and turned the unit off before going to bed.

When I wake-up in the morning, I turn on my 6233 as usual, and it boots-up ok. A few hours later, I notice that some application shortcuts in my "Go To" menu are now named "Unknown" and beside the name is the generic icon for a java app. Selecting these items
    from the "Go To" menu does nothing, so I assume that these are dead shortcuts. I turn off and turn on my phone again, but these icons are still there. I find out further that these dead shortcuts are appearing in my "Applications list" of the "Go To" menu,
    but I cannot remove them.

I can still run all of my Java applications on the phone. My problem is now how to remove those dead shortcuts named "Unknown" from my applications list.

Any help on their removal would be appreciated.

Thanks all and have a nice day. =)

josekym, May 17, 2020
Thema:

unknown application running

1. unknown application running - Similar Threads - unknown application running

2. Unknown application running on Laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown application running on Laptop screen: i got an unknown app open on my laptop screen and idk what it is. it started to appear about a week ago. i try Window Security scan, MS windows malicious software removal tool. i try disabled start up service in msconfig. and nothing help....
  3. Unknown application running on Laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown application running on Laptop screen: i got an unknown app open on my laptop screen and idk what it is. it started to appear about a week ago. i try Window Security scan, MS windows malicious software removal tool. i try disabled start up service in msconfig. and nothing help....
  4. Unknown application running on Laptop screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5: Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if this is malware or something. I cant end it and I cant see its file location, and Windows 11 Microsoft defender doesn't find...
  6. Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5: Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if this is malware or something. I cant end it and I cant see its file location, and Windows 11 Microsoft defender doesn't find...
  7. Unknown program running

Unknown program running: Ok so I just booted up my PC and opened task manager to close some programs I don't need now and I saw this thing running and have no idea what it is since I can't find anything about it....
  8. security risks of installing and running applications whose publishers are 'unknown'

security risks of installing and running applications whose publishers are 'unknown': Is is okay to download a gameboy emulator from the internet? Do these apps pose a security risk to my files and privacy in any way that I should be alarmed about? The publisher of the 'mgba' application a gameboy emulator that I downloaded from the internet is 'unknwon'...
  9. unknown "START" application

unknown "START" application: I am seeing an application labeled "START" when using Task Manager. When I click on Properties, no information is available. Is this actually part of WIndows or is it something that should be eliminated?...
  10. Unknown application

Unknown application: Hi everyone, When I run my Task Manager, I often see this Process called "YellowMind", and when expanded it displays a gear icon named "OakomsRabbitechnologiesSNP". When I locate the program file location, it takes me to a path C: > ProgramData >...