Windows 10: Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

Discus and support Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure which forum to post this problem so hope a mod can move it if needed. Not experienced in these matters and do not wish to brick my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trapper, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Trapper Win User

Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

I am not sure which forum to post this problem so hope a mod can move it if needed.
    Not experienced in these matters and do not wish to brick my PC. When I start up the PC the BIOS starts and then the screen shows to Enter F1 to enter setup. The BOIS shows as notify on fault and is enabled.
    Obviously something is not right.I then enter advanced mode and change wait for F1 from enabled to disabled, save and exit. The BIOS restarts and all is well and Win 10 is up and running. This has only occurred over the last few weeks and has run fine for years.
    I cannot see any screen that may give me some idea of what is wrong so cannot even attempt to correct it. If I shut down and turn the power off the problem appears, if I reboot without turning off the power I do not seem to get the error and the PC boots up without a problem.

Below is the BIOS screen information.
    American Megatrends
    ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 EFI BIOS 1.0.0.222 or 2222
    BIOS INFO 1904 x 64
    Version 08/05/2011
    EC Version MBECE-0019
    ME Version 7.0.401197
    I have the CD with AI Suite II but see there is now AI Suite III but no link to the new version.
    I am hoping someone can give me some advice on this problem, perhaps some clue as to cause.
    I am using Window 10 64, always kept up to date.
    Thank you.

:)

Trapper, Jun 11, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

getting into BIOS

Hi Landon,

When it comes to getting into your PC's BIOS settings, the steps may differ between computer models. To help you on this, we suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer of your PC's motherboard. This is for you to get the proper way
    or steps in getting into your PC's BIOS.

Should you have any other queries in the future, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

1. Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets. - Similar Threads - Unknown BIOS error

2. Pc resets after bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc resets after bios: Hey guys, I hope you have an idea since I have no clue anymore. Following problem: Yesterday my pc suddenly restarted and went into an infinite boot loop. Right after the circling dots from the loading screen appeared. Pc goes black - > win 10 logo - > Black again This...
  3. BSOD and Resets to BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Resets to BIOS: I have quite a bad problem, PC purchased in Jan this year. It keeps crashing giving a wide variety of reasons. These crashes usually go to BSOD restart the PC and it goes straight to the BIOS screen, then I have to reboot. These crashes occur normally when I have music...
  4. Resetting PC resulted in ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC resulted in ACPI BIOS ERROR: I was having some issues with my computer randomly having network timeouts, which was interrupting my games. I tried a few things that didn't work, and then I decided to use the option that usually fixes everything, resetting the PC. The first time I tried the reset was...
  5. Resetting Bios Password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting Bios Password: I am doing some spring cleaning, getting rid of old desktops, laptops, and routers. Regarding the computers, I am wanting to wipe the hard drives with Darik's Boot and Nuke software. When I booted up one old Dell desktop from 2001, I learned that it requires a BIOS password....
  6. BIOS reset setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS reset setting: Hello, I recently gave my brother my laptop for like 2 years and he changed a lot of things in the BIOS and I don't feel comfortable with them and I want to go back but I don't remember which were the default settings (the laptop is a HP 14-r203ns) so I wonder if it were like...
  7. BIOS error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS error: Hello I recently bought a gaming PC and 1 month into using it my RAM started to be undetectable it was doing 1 long and 2 short beeps on start up and wouldnt display anything on the monitor I eventually got the PC to recognise the RAM by doing the following: - removed...
  8. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  9. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  10. Resetting BIOS password

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting BIOS password: I have Acer Nitro 5 laptop . (This model https://www.amazon.in/Acer-AN515-52-...gateway&sr=8-6) Recently I updated its bios by downloading the official driver from the ACER website. Eversince my BIOS has got locked and asks for password which I don't know and haven't even...