Windows 10: Unknown BSOD when benchmarking

Discus and support Unknown BSOD when benchmarking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs: CPU: i9-9900k ASUS AI OC'd to 4.9GHz GPU: ROG Strix RTX 2080 ti @1650MHz MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E gaming RAM: 322x16GB Vengeance RGB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thatdude_Nik, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Unknown BSOD when benchmarking

Specs:
    CPU: i9-9900k ASUS AI OC'd to 4.9GHz

GPU: ROG Strix RTX 2080 ti @1650MHz

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E gaming
    RAM: 322x16GB Vengeance RGB Pro@3200MHz

CPU cooler: H150i pro

So I just recently did a cinebench r23 benchmark, and about a minute after it started, I got a BSOD with the stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Normally, BSODs happened to me when the CPU overheated, but I had HWmonitor open and the max CPU temp it read was about 76, not even near the maximum threshold. Like it said in the spec sheet, I tried to use ASUS AI overclock in my BIOS as I felt like my OC settings weren't really the greatest, and VCORE seemed to go to the 1.46 volt range, which I thought was legit as my PC BSOD earlier from undervolting at around 1.32 volts. Almost a year back when I built this thing, AI OC seemed to work very well, as it never BSOD and was working perfectly fine. Can someone please help me find the answer to this problem?
    Thanks

:)

Thatdude_Nik, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Omega Win User

techPowerUp 2011 CPU benchmark suite

[heading]Benchmark Suite 2010/2011 - ***incomplete***[/heading]

• SYNTHETIC BENCHMARKS:
    • Everest Ultimate - Read/Write/Copy/Latency
    • PC Mark Vantage 64-bit
    • 3D Mark Vantage Performance (CPU and Total score) / 3D Mark 11
    • wPrime v2.4 1024M
    • SuperPI 1M

• AUDIO ENCODING:
    • unknown
    • unknown

• VIDEO ENCODING:
    • x264 benchmark HD V3.0
    • unknown

• RENDERING/IMAGE PROCESSING:
    • Photoshop CS5 Retouch Artists Speed Test
    • Cinebench R11 64-bit
    • POV Ray 3.7b 64-bit

• ARCHIVING/ENCRYPTION:
    • 7zip 64-bit - 32 MB mutithreading
    • WinRAR Benchmark 64-bit
    • WinRAR/7zip real life compression ~ 1 GB folder
    • Windows 7 performance index encryption/compression

• GAMING:
    • Civilization V
    • Mafia II
    • Formula 1 2010
    • Batman AA
    • unknown (FPS genre reserved)
    Benchmarks currently undergoing testing:
    - WCG CPU benchmark test
    - TrueCrypt

As seen above, some optimizations are made on the future setlist. Two benchmarks for audio and two for video encoding, rendering/image processing is reduced from four to three benchmarks, as well as the number of games from six to five titles.

WCG and TrueCrypt are under testing and will probably find they're place among other benchmarks. What I need is still two reliable audio encoders with multithreading support and one more popular video encoding utility, and one more gaming title place is open.

Omega, Dec 9, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Unknown BSOD when benchmarking

Unigine Benchmarks

Unknown BSOD when benchmarking [​IMG]

specialkone, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Unknown BSOD when benchmarking

1. Unknown BSOD when benchmarking - Similar Threads - Unknown BSOD benchmarking

2. BSOD when launching games, but runs benchmarks with no issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching games, but runs benchmarks with no issues: Just got a new GPU, and I am having crash after crash. I run benchmarks with zero issues Unigine Heaven and Superposition, but when I launch a game I immediately get a BSOD that most of the time doesn't even show the blue screen. I get the error "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT", and...
  3. BSOD when launching games, but runs benchmarks with no issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when launching games, but runs benchmarks with no issues: Just got a new GPU, and I am having crash after crash. I run benchmarks with zero issues Unigine Heaven and Superposition, but when I launch a game I immediately get a BSOD that most of the time doesn't even show the blue screen. I get the error "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT", and...
  4. Windows benchmark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows benchmark: Hi, I wonder is it possible to perform a benchmark check for my Windows 10. I want to know which is the most reliable benchmark for Windows 10. Thanks very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-benchmark/401c016c-ca4c-439d-82fc-03971a032e15
  5. Unknown BSOD

Unknown BSOD: Hello, Microsoft. I got an unknown BSOD on my Windows 10 Insider Preview PC. Details below: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3b Parameter 2: ffffba017f7fde10 Parameter 3: ffffba017f7fdd68 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18290 Service...
  6. Benchmark NIC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Benchmark NIC?: Hi, is there some way to consistently benchmark your NIC so one can try out different settings (offload etc) and see what works best? I am trying Psping, but it's very weird, if i have chrome opened it works faster then if it's not opened etc, which makes no sense....
  7. BSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software

BSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software: Not sure why this happened, but got a BSOD when running the benchmark I've run several times before as I've tweaked my new build. Any insight that can be provided would be appreciated. 88608
  8. Pascal Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Pascal Benchmarks: I stumbled upon this that supposedly shows the Benchmarks of Pascal If this is what were looking forward too it may be worth getting 2 in sli Nvidia announces the GeForce GTX 1080, faster than two GTX 980s in SLI - TechSpot 49474
  9. First Benchmark

in Windows 10 Support
    First Benchmark: There will soon be a flood of these, I would imagine. This is an amateur effort, using an intensive game. It does pretty much agree with what I have already tested with windows 8.1 though. Take it or leave it. As the author says, It is early days. Y3HbW_5QPcI 2437
  10. Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Benchmarks: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS Performance Results - UserBenchmark Dont know if you will be able to read this link, but I have to admit that I am NOT impressed. Figures appear to be less than good. 85479