Windows 10: Unknown cause of crashes

Discus and support Unknown cause of crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer seems to be crashing at random moments, whether I am running a program or not. I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 and removed all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carsonio, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Carsonio Win User

Unknown cause of crashes

My computer seems to be crashing at random moments, whether I am running a program or not. I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 and removed all other content from my computer and found no fix to this problem. With each crash I get various blue screens, the most common one being "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". One thing I have noticed is when I am running a very demanding game the issue seems to disappear until I close the game myself.

:)

Carsonio, Jan 2, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Jan 2, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Wutske Win User

Unknown cause of crashes

Minor bug: Removing all albums can cause "Music and Videos" to crash

I found a bug in the Zune part (Music and Videos) of WP7.5 which can cause Zune to crash.

This is how I can reproduce it (I didn't test any other cases)

• Have a few albums on your phone, at least one of them should be an Unknown Album by Unknown Artist
    • Start "Music and Videos" and navigate to Albums tab
    • Remove all the albums, buttom to top
    After removing the last album (Unknown Album), the Unknown Album remains visible and you the message "It's lonely in here. Connect to your computer to sync music" appears.

Next there are 3 options

• If you try removing the album again, nothing happens.
    • If you try opening the album, Zune crashes.
    • If you navigate to another tab and back the the Albums tabs, the Unknown Album is gone.
    See it in action:

My configuration:

• Windows Phone 7.5
    • OS version: 7.10.8773.98
    • Carrier: GENERIC-EU
    Apps (as shown in Music and Videos):

• Linada
    • Toggle
    • TuneIn
    • VEVO
    • YouTube

Wutske, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Unknown cause of crashes

1. Unknown cause of crashes - Similar Threads - Unknown cause crashes

2. Unknown cause for repeated bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown cause for repeated bsod: Was playing roblox and have had repeated bsod with the bugcheck x133 dpc watchdog violation. I have two minidump files but I don't know how to attach them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-cause-for-repeated-bsod/5523de0a-c87c-47ed-90e6-ff88e3591b43
  3. Crashing unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing unknown: Hi, this is the system information from a crash I have been experiancing. The past couple times it was while playing overwatch, but this time it was in the middle of just watching youtube. It takes me to a blue screen and the laptop reboots. After the crash before this,...
  4. Crashing unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing unknown: Hi, this is the system information from a crash I have been experiancing. The past couple times it was while playing overwatch, but this time it was in the middle of just watching youtube. It takes me to a blue screen and the laptop reboots. After the crash before this,...
  5. Unknown crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown crashing: My pc has been having random crashing problems for months now and I have tried many different solutions as each crash had different or similar notifications. So I went into "View reliability history" and at nearly all crash points it said "hardware error" is there any way I...
  6. BSOD - Unknown Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Unknown Cause: I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but...
  7. Random BSODs with unknown cause

Random BSODs with unknown cause: Hey guys! Got a problem with my new system. I get different bluescreens from time to time. Here is a link to an example dump file: Uploadfiles.io - 121818-9968-01.dmp My system: I9-9900k RTX 2080ti 32GB Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3600 DIMM Samsung 970 Pro 1TB DarkPower...
  8. unknown crash

unknown crash: hi, my computer jest randomly crashed 2 times in the last two days. sorry for no details but it was idling and i was away from it when it crashed (screensaver or graphic driver issue?) Attachment 121082 77217
  9. Kinda BSOD but unknown cause

Kinda BSOD but unknown cause: Hello! My pc turns on after only several attempts - sometimes it gets to the welcome screen and says it does not recognize user or something about RPC but not sure. But when i do turn it on and wake it up from sleep or sometime just random i get a small box saying that the...
  10. System crashes/shuts down, no BSOD, cause unknown

in Windows 10 Support
    System crashes/shuts down, no BSOD, cause unknown: Good morning. About 6 weeks ago my system started to crash occasionally, often from one to several days between crashes. When it crashes it simply shuts down w/o notice as if I turned power off. Screen black of course, and no fans etc.. Doesn't seem to matter what programs...