Windows 10: Unknown Computer Issue - WIN10

Discus and support Unknown Computer Issue - WIN10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using Windows, I have a Steinburg UR22 USB interface. I downloaded ASIO4ALL and am using FL studio and VLC media player having issues. First,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iUnify, Nov 22, 2020.

1. /u/iUnify Win User

Unknown Computer Issue - WIN10

I am using Windows, I have a Steinburg UR22 USB interface. I downloaded ASIO4ALL and am using FL studio and VLC media player having issues.

First, I’ve used this setup before on older laptops with no issues, I upgraded to a new desktop and now having problems.

Second, if I open up VLC, close it, and open up FL studio— or if I open up FL studio close it and then open up FL studio again I am unable to access the driver.

“Not enough ASIO output channels available. At least two channels are needed.”

If I open up VLC and play one of my samples, a .wav (that definitely works) often times VLC will not play the file. You can see the loading bar at the bottom moving across the screen (where you would see the song progress), sometimes it plays sometimes it doesn’t. Maybe it plays when I click it, try another nothing, go back to the original, nothing. Any which way you slice it, sometimes the sample plays other times no.

I have two drives, ssd with my OS and apps, reg HDD with the samples and VSTs. I can move the samples to the other drive, it makes no difference.

My computer is not and has never been connected to the Internet other than to set it up. This has always been an issue on this machine.

I can record in FL, I have made songs, but it has always been an issue to have to reboot because I opened and closed and reopened FL... and now I’m reviewing new samples and I can’t even get the task done, I can’t rely on the files playing to open them to listen in VLC.

I have updated to a new version of VLC after uninstalling it. No luck. I have run both Chkdsk /R X: (for both drives) as well as /sfc scannow with no issues.

In FL I have my in/out device selected as Yamaha steinburg USB ASIO from the selection entitled “ASIO Devices”.

As of recently I now get FL64.exe - System Warning “Windows discovered a corruption in the file “C:\$Mft” this file has now been repaired. Please check if any data in the file was lost because of the corruption.”

Like I said, I’ve run those scans and it says all good, also that error is new. All I did was not use the machine for a couple months. Before that, same problems just did not ever see that particular error.

VLC audio output module is set to Automatic because that’s how it was on other machines that worked with the exact setup.

I’m really not sure what to do next. I’m not sure if this could be hardware related, if so— what? The external sound card (the interface, the Steinburg UR22?) One of the drives? I don’t know what this could be.

System specs: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8 Core Processor @ 3.7 Ghz

64GB Corsair Vengeance low latency RAM 3000 MHz

X64 windows 10 - mid April 2019 all updates installed, working proper other than as described previous, then disconnected internet permanently, no updates.

submitted by /u/iUnify
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iUnify, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Unknown Device Issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      View all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:I suggest you to login to safe mode and check if the issue still persists. This is to isolate the issue of the graphics driver.

To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to contact the respective manufacturer.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further

Anup Karkal, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Gusgf Win User

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown Computer Issue - WIN10 - Similar Threads - Unknown Computer Issue

2. Unknown task and issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task and issue: Hello pals jason here got an issue on my pc i found this task named-uxtIdsktkgfv.exe The impact is highAnd got windows explorer issue using alot of resources of my CPU please help...
  3. Unknown task and issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task and issue: Hello pals jason here got an issue on my pc i found this task named-uxtIdsktkgfv.exe The impact is highAnd got windows explorer issue using alot of resources of my CPU please help...
  4. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  5. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  6. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Issue: Whenever my laptop's 'r' key, my laptop shuts down and comes back online. Sometimes this key can be used and nothing happens, other times when the key is used it the same issue comes back. In order to bypass using the key I have been copying the key and pasting it. This is...
  8. unknown keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknown keyboard issue: So I have a Cherry G80-5000 with an active converter to usb from ps/2 with this problem Here's the problem, whenever i hold down one key, say W, it works properly, when i add a second key like S, it works fine to, it sees W and S being held down normally, BUT when i release...
  9. Driver/Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver/Unknown Issue: Hey guys I have a PC I built a long time ago. I am recently having this problem, when I download something large (like a game) the computer makes the disconnect sound and the USB WiFi and Mouse stops working until I restart the computer and it happens everytime. I already...
  10. Unknown issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown issue.: For every .exe filei run windows defender shows me a message saying,"unauthorized changes were blocked". whats the reason behind this and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unknown-issue/71cd33f2-6527-4393-ae50-dfe4f7b2960a"