Windows 10: Unknown computers detected on my network

Discus and support Unknown computers detected on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i have a Tp-Link mr3420 running dd-wrt. On my windows 10 machine in the network tab i can see computers that are not mine, hovever on my router in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by deftware, Jul 20, 2015.

1. deftware Win User

Unknown computers detected on my network

So i have a Tp-Link mr3420 running dd-wrt. On my windows 10 machine in the network tab i can see computers that are not mine, hovever on my router in the dhcp table i cannot see any other computers than my owns. On my linux machine i do not see the unknown computers that windows detects. And they only appear at certain times. I have not joined any homegroup. So why do i see these computers ? there are 2 computers that are not mine and i cannot find anything on the internet about this.

Please help me

thx

:)

deftware, Jul 20, 2015
  2. almcl Win User

Unknown Computer on My Computer's Network

Amazon Echo..... I had the same, properties shows 'Manufacturer - Amazon'

almcl, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Unknown Computer on My Computer's Network

I'm a home user of Windows 10 Pro running on a Dell Desktop using Windows Defender.

This all started a couple months ago when I began getting notices from Comcast that I had data overages. Comcast advised me to change passwords on my wifi, which I did and the problem persisted. I tracked the culprit to something going on in my desktop.
    I've been diligent about disabling OneDrive; deactivating Cortana and live tiles and disabling anything that looks like it syncs, runs background apps, or collects privacy information. I set my connection to a metered connection.

In the process of tracking down my bandwidth problem, I clicked on Network. It showed my computer, my Roku and the cable modem, but it also shows a computer called full_biscuit. It will be there for a few seconds, then disappear, then come back. I don't
    know if this has anything to do with my outrageous bandwidth problems, but I would like it off my network, nonetheless. How do I get rid of it?

I'm not an IT professional, so would appreciate an answer in terms I can understand Unknown computers detected on my network :) Thanks for your help. Attached is the info:

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Kindly check the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

SallyJankowski, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Any SSID that is detected will be displayed in the list of available wireless access points available to you.
    No idea why you don't see them in Linux as well. should be the same.

The router DHCP table will only show entries for devices it provided IPs for.

My laptop shows 8 at the moment, two of which are mine.

Ztruker, Jul 20, 2015
  5. If you are talking about a Home network, one for which you have enabled Wireless access, a good Windows app to keep check on this is Who's on my WiFi. That allows you to scan for all devices on the network, will show you the Mac address of each device -- and, what's really good -- will allow you to remove and prevent access by specific device. If these are machine accessing your network, this is a good way to get rid of them.

There may be free alternatives to this, app, I haven't checked.

Mark Phelps, Jul 20, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    I am going to go out on a limb and say that they are most likely UPnP DLNA devices (ie Blu-Ray player, Xbox, Streaming device). Anything connected to the network that is not necessarily a computer is an intruder. People forget that their devices that they can view Netflix, etc. on, will show up in the Windows devices, but in order to show on the Linux devices, you have to have installed DLNA & UPnP software.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown computers detected on my network - Similar Threads - Unknown computers detected

2. unknown network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  3. unknown network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  4. unknown network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No computer detection on wired network

No computer detection on wired network: I have a household network that is hard-wired; the wireless is only for hand-held devices. I've been experiencing an issue lately where my wired desktop stopped detecting or being detected by the other computer and drive on the wired network but is detecting and being...
  6. Standalone computer on unknown network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standalone computer on unknown network: I recently discovered that my standalone pc, which has never been on a network, has somehow became a user of an unknown domain. I utilized clean all cmd on my ssd and performed a clean windows install from usb created by Windows Creation tool and it's still infected. I...
  7. Unknown computer in my network

Unknown computer in my network: I discovered an unknown computer in my network. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any suggestions. Has anybody else had this happen to you before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-computer-in-my-network/5f2e750d-bbb7-4919-bd6a-a315f5ea2708
  8. UNKNOWN NETWORK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNKNOWN NETWORK: unable to stat Bits servive. Attacked and appears ahcker AS A PUBLIC PROPFILE AN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-network/659a3491-43d2-4535-af87-25cc05b43640
  9. Unknown Network

Unknown Network: I continue to get the "Unknown Network" when trying to set up my Ethernet controller. I am using my WiFi to access the internet but the direct connection through the hard cable is a lot faster when it's working. I have disabled it. I have removed it. Cleared the IPv4 and...
  10. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network computers unknown

2. unknown computer broken biscuit on network

3. unknown computers on my network windows 10