Windows 10: Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Discus and support Unknown Constant RAM Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently noticed that my computer constantly has about 4GB of RAM in use, even when I newly boot my computer. I have all startup applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SerhatGoktepe, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

I recently noticed that my computer constantly has about 4GB of RAM in use, even when I newly boot my computer.

I have all startup applications disabled, and I can't seem to find what is using all this memory as nothing that appears in Processes on my Task Manager adds up to the amount being used.

My machine has 16GB of RAM in total 8+8, 2133mhz, 2666mhz

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thank you

Unknown Constant RAM Usage c55cbee9-b54e-4fd2-b4f2-65092644f269?upload=true.jpg Unknown Constant RAM Usage 8457ade3-542c-44d7-9a20-55c5639510a1?upload=true.jpg

:)

SerhatGoktepe, Jul 11, 2020

2. Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

My mac air(early 2014) only has 4gb of ram, and this cannot be changed ( Apple is very stingy on this for the ram is pre-soldered in and costs a high $100 for the extra 4gb of ram before purchase). Right now, with nothing opened up, 30% is being used up.

I have increased cores from 1 to 4, changed the visual effects to best performance, maximized ram usage/ virtual memory. No changes to the memory usage, staying at 30%. I did consult the windows hep desk about Cortana can take up from 20mb-80mb at a constant change AFTER being fully disabled(rarely once, i saw it jump up to ~500mb.( currently Cortana is part of the core and cannot be truly disabled... for now).

(I have steam and Avast, which also takes a small bit of the memory)

Does anyone else have any suggestion on how I can improve perfomance and lower the ram usage?

grimofdoom, Jul 11, 2020
  3. MegaMan Win User
    Constant Bluescreens/Crashes

I did that during the part where i set all the stuff to how LifeOnMars suggested

MegaMan, Jul 11, 2020
  4. eshiejamz Win User

Unknown Constant RAM Usage

eshiejamz, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Unknown Constant RAM Usage

1. Unknown Constant RAM Usage - Similar Threads - Unknown Constant RAM

2. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  3. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  4. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Usage: Hi! I have 32GB 2x16 of RAM installed, however when I try to open programs I get not enough memory issues despite only using 80% and still having ~6GB free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/69855d13-22e1-4305-a5e5-0b696d9cfc85
  5. RAM usage

RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  6. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage: Alright, so I have an 8GB ram on my pc and it always stays above 50% on idle. One day, I was bothered enough to go on Task manager, take a picture of all tasks running on ram, and added all of them up together. I did this 3 times and they averaged on 1.2 GB even though it...
  7. RAM usage

RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  9. Ram Usage

Ram Usage: I’ve had my pc for about 8 months now and ever since i got it, my ram usage gradually increases until it reaches 99% and then i have to restart because my computer gets so slow. I have 32Gb of DDR4 Ram so the amount of ram is not the issue. I’ve looked in the task manager and...
  10. ram usage

ram usage: how can I know which applications are using much of my ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/d44fa670-4c66-4fa5-80f3-d96ab92a42a3