Windows 10: Unknown Desktop folder

Discus and support Unknown Desktop folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 4, 2021.

1. Nikilet Win User

Unknown Desktop folder

Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. Down under This PC/Desktop it does not appear. I find that I can place items in it, but when I right click there is no option to delete. Does anyone know why/how/what this is about?

:)

Nikilet, May 4, 2021

2. Unknown folder on desktop

Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files?

I checked this name on the internet and it is of an actor and marketing director. I do not know him.

ValerieFee, May 5, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Unknown Desktop folder

Is it possible that item is the name of the computer? Right-click the Start button, click System.

Mine:

Unknown Desktop folder [​IMG]

Berton, May 5, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Unknown Desktop folder

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Unknown Desktop folder

1. Unknown Desktop folder - Similar Threads - Unknown Desktop folder

2. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Folders: Hello ! its me a Microsoft user.I have a issue in my system.Suddenly two unknown folders appear on my display .When I tried to delete them they disappear for some moment and when I refresh my display again They appear again.When I right click on them only three options were...
  3. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders: Hello ! its me a Microsoft user.I have a issue in my system.Suddenly two unknown folders appear on my display .When I tried to delete them they disappear for some moment and when I refresh my display again They appear again.When I right click on them only three options were...
  4. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  6. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  7. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unknown folder on desktop

Unknown folder on desktop: Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files? I checked this name on the internet and it is of an actor and marketing director. I do not know him....
  9. An unknown folder

An unknown folder: When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is F:\$Recycle.bin. I can see the deleted files and they have also $ sign in front of them. Would you please explain how to get rid of...
  10. UnKnown folders

in Windows 10 Support
    UnKnown folders: Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928