Windows 10: Unknown Desktop folder

Discus and support Unknown Desktop folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 4, 2021 at 5:38 AM.

1. Nikilet Win User

Unknown Desktop folder

Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. Down under This PC/Desktop it does not appear. I find that I can place items in it, but when I right click there is no option to delete. Does anyone know why/how/what this is about?

:)

2. Unknown folder on desktop

Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files?

I checked this name on the internet and it is of an actor and marketing director. I do not know him.

3. Berton Win User
    Unknown Desktop folder

Is it possible that item is the name of the computer? Right-click the Start button, click System.

Mine:

Unknown Desktop folder [​IMG]

4. Try3 Win User

Unknown Desktop folder

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

Unknown Desktop folder

1. Unknown Desktop folder - Similar Threads - Unknown Desktop folder

2. Unknown tiny window on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown tiny window on desktop: Hi all, hoping someone has seen this before. I am running win10 version 20H2 build 19042.867 on a two week old freshly built pc. Today I noticed a small off-color rectangle near the top left of the screen (Pictures 1 and 2). Mousing over it lets you resize it to reveal a tiny...
  3. Unknown folders in temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folders in temp: So basically i was checking temp folder when i found those. Does anyone know what are those, why are they created and if I can delete them ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-folders-in-temp/ea5fa398-138d-42dd-9756-049ede1098bf
  4. Unknown File In User Folder

Unknown File In User Folder: I recently opened my users folder C:\Users and found that I have this file that wasn't there before that partialy has my user name on it. say my user name is 'albert von cooker', and the file is named 'albert' the file type is just 'file'. Is this a virus or is this normal?...
  5. Unknown folder on desktop

Unknown folder on desktop: Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files? I checked this name on the internet and it is of an actor and marketing director. I do not know him....
  6. An unknown folder

An unknown folder: When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is F:\$Recycle.bin. I can see the deleted files and they have also $ sign in front of them. Would you please explain how to get rid of...
  7. Folder appears unknown

Folder appears unknown: 2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete. Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc). They also appear under software in device manager. What gives? I have Bitdefender AV. I cannot ID which folder they are under. Listed under "This PC"...
  8. Unknown folders in Win Temp

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown folders in Win Temp: Hi, Does anyone know what are those empty folders in Windows/Temp, if and how can stop it? [img] They come on 1809 upgrade (same on clean install), usually after about 20min. of every restart. [img] This is what I see (in Event Viewer), always at the time of folders...
  9. unknown folders in This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown folders in This PC: I have seen some unknown folders in This Pc folders in my windows 10 laptop. They have came automatically . I don't that I should keep them or delete and i have also seen that some folders are hidden type. 71486
  10. UnKnown folders

in Windows 10 Support
    UnKnown folders: Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928