Windows 10: Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way.

Discus and support Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way. Error code 28 and Device ACP\HPQ0004\2&deba3ff&0 requires further installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TGRaja, Jun 29, 2020.

1. TGRaja Win User

Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way.

Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way. Error code 28 and Device ACP\HPQ0004\2&deba3ff&0 requires further installation

:)

TGRaja, Jun 29, 2020
  2. blaqsky Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

How many audio devices on ur system? If realtek is ur main one, u should install it on high definition audio device not on that unknown (what is device id?)

blaqsky, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Unknown Device Drivers

Hi,

Unknown Device Drivers means that the device is not recognized by Windows. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using other USB cable to connect your devices and see if you will still encounter the same issue?
    • Have you tried using other USB port and see if you will still encounter the same issue?
    • Have you tried contacting the Manufacturer of your device to get the latest driver for Windows 10?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 29, 2020
  4. mark7 Win User

Modding Realtek + Dolby Home Theater driver to install on any laptop

So, my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520) uses the Realtek audio driver, which comes in combination with the Dolby Audio (DAX2) app. However, I don't like the official driver for my laptop much (distorted sound), so I would like to install a different driver. I've tried downloading the audio drivers for some of the Thinkpad models, which come bundled with Dolby Home Theater or Advanced Audio. However, when I install such a driver on my laptop, I do not get the Dolby Home Theater functionality or app. I've also tried editing those Thinkpad drivers' .inf file by adding my sound chip Hardware ID to the list of supported audio devices. But still I do not get Dolby Home Theater.

So, is there a way to mod those Thinkpad drivers (or some other drivers) to get Dolby Home Theater funcionality along with the Realtek Control Panel? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

mark7, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way. - Similar Threads - Unknown device driver

2. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  3. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  4. Is there any way to reinstall a driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to reinstall a driver?: I have an Inspiron 7570 and when I updated to the new windows 10 my touchpad stopped working. I tried to uninstall the touchpad driver and then restart the computer. That did not prompt the computer to reinstall the driver....
  5. Is there any way to reinstall a driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to reinstall a driver?: I have an Inspiron 7570 and when I updated to the new windows 10 my touchpad stopped working. I tried to uninstall the touchpad driver and then restart the computer. That did not prompt the computer to reinstall the driver....
  6. Unknown Device and Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown Device and Driver: So I Bricked My Phone And Now its a "UNKNOWN DEVICE" so I installed The "MediaTek Drivers" and Tried to Use Them as My phones Driver.... But The MediaTek Drivers Didn't show In The Drivers List I tried To select Them manually but It said That The driver is not 64x Even though...
  7. Driver does not install on an unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver does not install on an unknown device: Hello I recently updated to the latest version of W10 and I noticed my Xbox 360 wireless receiver was not working. I then checked my device manager and found out it was listed as an "unknown device". Beware all screenshots are in italian, but it shouldn't be too hard to...
  8. Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Unknown device drivers not installing manually: Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this time, I try to update it and nothing happens. I go to manage devices Other devices Unknown device Browse my computer Pick...
  9. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  10. "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers

"Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers: I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver. It stopped working with what seems to be driver issues. When it's first plugged in, device manager sees it as an "Unknown Device" with status: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible...