Windows 10: Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Discus and support Unknown device drivers not installing manually in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by .J._, Aug 15, 2020.

1. .J._ Win User

Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this time, I try to update it and nothing happens.

I go to manage devices
    Other devices
    Unknown device

Browse my computer

Pick from list

Xbox peripherals

360 controler

Next

Yes

"Windows has successfully updated your drivers"

But nothing changes except the yellow allert is now gone but its still unknown.
    My searching "Unknown device drivers not installing manually" yeaded only unknown device driver tutorials.

Here are the driver properties.

Unknown device drivers not installing manually 4b3434e6-0d84-4544-8563-4db105da6da8?upload=true.png

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 15, 2020
  3. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Unknown device does not have a driver installed

Hi Terry,

To help resolve your issue, we
    suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter. Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected
    to your PC is installed correctly. To do so, follow these steps:

• Type
      Troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View
      all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware
      and devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown device drivers not installing manually - Similar Threads - Unknown device drivers

2. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  3. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  4. Unknown Device and Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown Device and Driver: So I Bricked My Phone And Now its a "UNKNOWN DEVICE" so I installed The "MediaTek Drivers" and Tried to Use Them as My phones Driver.... But The MediaTek Drivers Didn't show In The Drivers List I tried To select Them manually but It said That The driver is not 64x Even though...
  5. Driver does not install on an unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver does not install on an unknown device: Hello I recently updated to the latest version of W10 and I noticed my Xbox 360 wireless receiver was not working. I then checked my device manager and found out it was listed as an "unknown device". Beware all screenshots are in italian, but it shouldn't be too hard to...
  6. Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way.

Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way.: Unknown device driver - cannot install driver files in any way. Error code 28 and Device ACP\HPQ0004\2&deba3ff&0 requires further installation...
  7. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  8. Unable to install driver manually

Unable to install driver manually: Hi, I wanted to use my Guitar Hero Live controller for Xbox 360 on PC. To use it, I read that you need to use the driver 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtyrvJ2YUCw. So I update the driver and pick the correct driver...
  9. "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers

"Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers: I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver. It stopped working with what seems to be driver issues. When it's first plugged in, device manager sees it as an "Unknown Device" with status: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible...
  10. manually install device driver

manually install device driver: PC isn't automatically picking up a new device...how do I manually install a device driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-install-device-driver/1366fd37-5da6-44c5-ba4c-b3934eb914cf