Windows 10: "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated

Discus and support "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a gaming laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 with a secondary 2TB Seagate hard drive installed into the laptop. I am not sure when the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomatoSpectrum, Dec 1, 2021.

1. "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated

I have a gaming laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 with a secondary 2TB Seagate hard drive installed into the laptop. I am not sure when the problem started but I realized a few months ago that nothing from my hard drive was available games, pictures, video, documents and found out that the device was not recognized at all and was labeled as an Unknown Device in my drivers and no longer shows up in my local disks. When I go through the information I see Device Not Migrated so I assume that may be the issue? Here is the error/warning logDevice SCSI\Disk&Ven_&Prod_\4&118a52bb&a

:)

TomatoSpectrum, Dec 1, 2021

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Device not migrated (hard drive)

Hi SRandom,

It looks like the driver that you have installed is not compatible with your device. Is the AHCI driver you installed, the latest from the manufacturer's website? If you will be having issues using your secondary hard drive, I would suggest that you follow
    the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 1, 2021
  4. HUSKIE Win User

"Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated

Usb not recognized(unknown device) problem

As above! No usb drive/flash disk,keyboard,mouse on usb ports etc etc but still popping in, on and off tried to new Windows. Tried all solutions on internet but still no joy. Device manager showing unknown device. Motherboard Asus x99 sabertooth. update bios from old to new. no luck

HUSKIE, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

"Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated

1. "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated - Similar Threads - Unknown Device Hard

2. Unknown device making external drive be recognized wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device making external drive be recognized wrong?: So, i was trying to defrag an external hdd FreeAgentGo 300 gb but then i noticed a random volume. I cant do anything to it and it says its an SSD. Then i tried to wipe my drive in Ccleaner. Ccleaner says that it is an SSD, however it is not. I suspect that the random volume...
  3. Unknown device making external drive be recognized wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device making external drive be recognized wrong?: So, i was trying to defrag an external hdd FreeAgentGo 300 gb but then i noticed a random volume. I cant do anything to it and it says its an SSD. Then i tried to wipe my drive in Ccleaner. Ccleaner says that it is an SSD, however it is not. I suspect that the random volume...
  4. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  5. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  6. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated

"Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated: I have a gaming laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 with a secondary 2TB Seagate hard drive installed into the laptop. I am not sure when the problem started but I realized a few months ago that nothing from my hard drive was available games, pictures, video, documents and found...
  8. "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unknown Device" Hard Drive Not Being Recognized - Device Not Migrated: I have a gaming laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 with a secondary 2TB Seagate hard drive installed into the laptop. I am not sure when the problem started but I realized a few months ago that nothing from my hard drive was available games, pictures, video, documents and found...
  9. External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated"

External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated": Hi I have an external hard disk 4TB in a new external hard drive enclosure which cannot be recognised. I get the Device not Migrated message in Device Manager events tab. Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_TO_Exter&Prod_nal_USB_3.0&Rev_0104\2015033100081&0 was not migrated due to...
  10. Gaming mouse being recognized as an "unknown device"/"USB input device" with no drivers...

Gaming mouse being recognized as an "unknown device"/"USB input device" with no drivers...: I have an intex gaming mouse GM-DRIVE and it just wont work on my windows 10 laptop. It is a plug and play mouse, and should not have so many problems regarding drivers. I looked on the intex site as well but there are no drivers for this mouse. But this mouse works in my...