Windows 10: Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device

Discus and support Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Unknown Device Identifier v9.01 finds a GTX560 that I just replaced with a GTX1060 in my system. How do I find & delete what it is keying on? 116456 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ruggb, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ruggb Win User

Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device

Unknown Device Identifier v9.01 finds a GTX560 that I just replaced with a GTX1060 in my system. How do I find & delete what it is keying on?

:)

ruggb, Aug 22, 2018

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Aug 22, 2018
  3. EdTittel Win User
    identify unknown device

Go into DevMgr, open unknown device, click on properties, open the Details tab, then post the values you find in the Hardware IDs field. For example, for an OCX Vertex 3 drive on my system, here's what I get:

Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device [​IMG]

Let us know what you find when you do likewise. (Hint: you can search on this information in Google to identify devices yourself, too.)
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device

unknown pci device >.<

heres a fun one, this is the pci info from unknown device identifier, anybody got a clue what the damn thing is so i i can install a driver for it?

PCI Device [Unknown]
    Detail
    Device
    PCI Device
    PnpID
    VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_2363197B&REV_02
    PnpID: VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_2363197B&REV_02

AshenSugar, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device

1. Unknown device identifier finds uninstalled device - Similar Threads - Unknown device identifier

2. How to identify bluetooth 'unknown device'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify bluetooth 'unknown device': I have a new Windows 11 desktop computer. Everything has been updated -- operating system, drivers, etc.. When I find devices I get quite a few 'unknown devices' and ones that have strange names that aren't identifiable as anything I have, e.g., headset & speaker. This was...
  3. How to identify bluetooth 'unknown device'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify bluetooth 'unknown device': I have a new Windows 11 desktop computer. Everything has been updated -- operating system, drivers, etc.. When I find devices I get quite a few 'unknown devices' and ones that have strange names that aren't identifiable as anything I have, e.g., headset & speaker. This was...
  4. how to uninstall unknown device from devices on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall unknown device from devices on my computer?: I see a television that does not belong to me . How do I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-unknown-device-from-devices-on-my/533b5319-0520-4faf-9d99-5e139a63c76c
  5. how to uninstall unknown device from devices on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall unknown device from devices on my computer?: I see a television that does not belong to me . How do I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-unknown-device-from-devices-on-my/533b5319-0520-4faf-9d99-5e139a63c76c
  6. Trying to find a driver for a unknown device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to find a driver for a unknown device: The Hardware ID is: USB\VID_06CB&PID_00C7&REV_0000 USB\VID_06CB&PID_00C7 and the Compatibile IDs are: USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00&Prot_00 USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00 &...
  7. Unknown Device Can't Find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device Can't Find: i have a problem like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-unknown-component-missing-drivers/6a35d838-a028-4fd0-b777-4231ccb02512 but i have a problem when i click the details tab theres no hardware id so i cant find and fix it[IMG]...
  8. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Build 1803 on my laptop. My device manager is showing an "unknown device" and Windows update is failing on one update. "Advanced Mirco Devices, Inc - System - 4/1/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.2.0.46 - Error 0x80070002" I had this problem years ago on...
  9. "Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?

"Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?: I just got this error message. I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any have gone bad. So, to do trouble-shooting,Is there any way to enumerate USB logical ports and the devices that are attached? I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any...
  10. identify unknown device

identify unknown device: hi, I performed a fresh install of w10 on my sisters HP DV6 laptop, everything works but device manager shows 1 unknown device, is there anyway to find out what it is, I've installed all the drivers from the manufacturer 66351