Windows 10: Unknown device in device manager

Discus and support Unknown device in device manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/piisfour, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Unknown device in device manager

I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do?

submitted by /u/piisfour
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/piisfour, Oct 30, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown device in device manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 30, 2020
  4. TorreyE Win User

Unknown device in device manager

Unknown device problem

It's looking like the

I am most grateful for your advice. It's looking like the Intel management engine device is the culprit, but I don't seem to be able to replace it.

When I went into device manager properties/Details/Hardware Ids for the unknown device I got this
    ACPI\NTN0530
    *NTN0530

When I googled those, I didn't find much that made any sense to me, so I located, downloaded and ran as administrator the update for the Intel management engine device. I got this:
    *39058-0aba20f195ca3e16fb2c2cc9aae15d8a.jpg*

Oooops, sorry it is so small. What the error message says is that "the setup program failed to start one or more application processes. Setup will exit."

Where do you suggest I go from here? Can I get there from here?

TorreyE, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Unknown device in device manager

1. Unknown device in device manager - Similar Threads - Unknown device device

2. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  3. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  4. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  5. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  7. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  8. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

9. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  10. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...