Windows 10: unknown device in device manager

Discus and support unknown device in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tamo, Apr 9, 2017.

1. tamo Win User

unknown device in device manager

Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum .

Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model .

Any ideas what this is ? Everything is working fine but like a lot of us here we want to see a clean device manager .

Thanks in advance

:)

tamo, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Mad-Poet Win User

Unknown device in device manager “root\NetTap6”

Original title: root\NetTap6 ? **** is that?

I get this unknown device in my device manager with a sibling unknown devices. Neither can be updated. I uninstall them and they reappear a few days later. They appear almost legit. Each hardware id and configure flag, etc. have what looks like real substance to
    me
    . Since each code that I search ends up with the same basic definition:" there is an unknown device, I just wonder "is there really?" or is it a bug? Then I worry. So how do I get rid of it?

Then just to ponder...what an over efficient little bit of structured waste of UI, hard drive space and now our time. A small monument with square after unassuming square blending neatly in with the update driver, uninstall driver hum drum of the next and before
    for as long as you want to. I almost prefer the blue screen that we have two or three good guesses about the last thing we shouldn't have done and we pay our due, take a break, and strive to find another shade of blue and the fastest pit time. Why say the
    same thing so neatly. I guess that's it..Why be so neat? Just gliche j!!BSSSZZ ooh! AAA%% oooga! yah know?

So, what to do with the whole unknown device that this came from. This was the hardware id(I think). What to do? Thanks.

Mad-Poet, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Unknown device in device manager “root\NetTap6”

Hi,

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the make and model of the system?
    • Did you make any hardware changes recently?

I suggest you to try updating all the drivers from the Device Manager and then check for the issue. Also try below methods:

Method 1: Install pending updates.

To check for updates Click on Start > Click on
    Settings > Update & security > Windows Update,
    and select
    Check for updates.

Method 2: Run Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Refer the below link:

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Nzyme Win User
    I got the same issue but with Vista yesterday. I clean installed Vista 32 bit and when I saw under Device Manager, I saw an Unknown device. I right clicked on it and let Windows search for the driver and it applied the driver and voila, I no longer saw that anymore.

Nzyme, Apr 9, 2017
  6. You could try running the chipset inf install again.

positronic, Apr 9, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) is an industry specification for the efficient handling of power consumption in desktop and mobile computers. ACPI specifies how a computer's basic input/output system, operating system, and peripheral devices communicate with each other about power usage.
    You may not need it at all, your BIOS will probably handle it fine.

CountMike, Apr 9, 2017
  8. clam1952 Win User

clam1952, Apr 9, 2017
  9. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 9, 2017
  10. tamo Win User
    I will report back if solved .

11. lx07 Win User
  12. tamo Win User
    Tried everything above , freefall driver ,battery meter, chipset update and more but still showing other device / unknown device .

It wouldn't bother be too much but I,m selling this laptop and want to have it perfect although everything works perfect .

I will keep trying .

Thanks for your help

13. dalchina New Member

Have you tried Drivermax?

dalchina, Apr 10, 2017
  14. Can you be more specific?

Dell list 3 model variations of Alienware 13. Which is yours?
    • Alienware 13
    • Alienware 13 R2
    • Alienware 13 R3?

If not sure, tell us the service tag

ComputerGeek, Apr 10, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
Thema:

1. unknown device in device manager - Similar Threads - unknown device device

2. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  3. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  4. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  5. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  7. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  8. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

9. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  10. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dddrive dell

2. acpi cpl0002 alienware driver

3. acpi\cpl0002 alienware 17 r2 2&daba3ff&0

4. acpi cpl0002 2&daba3ff&0 windows 10 driver,
  5. acpi\cpl0002\2&daba3ff&0 windows dell,
  6. alienware m11x r3 unknown device id dddrive,
  7. pci data acquisition and signal processing alienware 13 r2 driver forum