Windows 10: Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers.

Discus and support Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just had to reset my computer. An old Xbox 360 wireless receiver I've been using for ages always needed to get drivers installed when plugged in to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mikusf, Jul 26, 2020.

1. /u/mikusf Win User

Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers.

Just had to reset my computer. An old Xbox 360 wireless receiver I've been using for ages always needed to get drivers installed when plugged in to a new PC. Usually i click update drivers select manually and browse the list of drivers til i get to the correct section. Xbox 360 peripherals. Then i download the drivers. This time the receiver stayed as 'Unknown Device'. I even downloaded updated drivers from Microsoft's website and still no luck. I checked that the unknown device is actually the receiver. Any help?

submitted by /u/mikusf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mikusf, Jul 26, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Headmixer Win User
    Unknown Device on ATI X800XL after 6.4 driver update

Hi forum,
    I just updated my X800XL driver, (to cat 6.4) from the ATI driver site. After restart Win XP hardware wizard poped up with an unknown device, no driver found. I went to the device manager, and in the unknown divice properties, located on Redeon X800 series. Anyone got any idea what this might be?

Headmixer, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers.

unknown "other devices"

Hi,

Unknown devices usually show up in the Device Manager when Windows is unable to identify a piece of hardware and attempts to provide a driver for it. An unknown device isn’t just unknown — it’s not functioning until you install the right driver. Most of
    the time Windows is able to identify and download drivers automatically. In cases where it is unable to do so, you'll have to identify and look for the driver yourself.

Follow these steps to locate the Unknown Device:

1. Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.

2. You’ll find unknown devices and other non-functioning devices under Other devices. Each device with a problem has a little yellow exclamation mark over its icon.

To check the Hardware ID of a device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and choose Properties in the popup menu.

3. Tap the Details tab.

4. Select the Hardware IDs in the drop-down list.

5. Search the web for the Hardware ID using your browser. You should be able to get the name of the piece of hardware associated with the unknown device.

6. Get the driver for the device and install it normally.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers.

1. Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers. - Similar Threads - Unknown device stays

2. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  3. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  4. Unknown device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device: Root\AMDSAFD&FUN_01&REV_01 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-device/1c044d1a-4015-4fc7-ab34-250e58a79de2
  5. Unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown device: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_0010\0cb6cef4484e.What device is thisthere is nothing with errors in device managerEvent viewer shows this issuefunction Togglenode { if !window.fullyLoaded return; // Expand the branch? if...
  6. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: Hello Experts, I am encountering weird problem is that my PC show unknown device. I have never seen this kind of problem and now it pops up from no where. The only thing i can provide right now is Screenshot and path link Ran troubleshooter but nothing worked out. I also...
  7. Unknown Device and Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown Device and Driver: So I Bricked My Phone And Now its a "UNKNOWN DEVICE" so I installed The "MediaTek Drivers" and Tried to Use Them as My phones Driver.... But The MediaTek Drivers Didn't show In The Drivers List I tried To select Them manually but It said That The driver is not 64x Even though...
  8. "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers

"Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers: I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver. It stopped working with what seems to be driver issues. When it's first plugged in, device manager sees it as an "Unknown Device" with status: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible...
  9. Unknown download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown download: Do I need to fear this application which seemed to download to my computer without instruction - PC_Repair_3275071010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-download/0aeec841-b598-4961-bfaa-89985363c0dd"
  10. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Build 1803 on my laptop. My device manager is showing an "unknown device" and Windows update is failing on one update. "Advanced Mirco Devices, Inc - System - 4/1/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.2.0.46 - Error 0x80070002" I had this problem years ago on...