Windows 10: Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned?

Discus and support Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fuckingkazami [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fuckingkazami, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned?

/u/fuckingkazami, Sep 13, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned? [​IMG]

putermaker, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned?

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned?

1. Unknown device trying to add itself 10 days after update. Should I be concerned? - Similar Threads - Unknown device trying

2. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?: This past week Oct 16, 6:36PM I received an authentic MS email alerting me to a successful login attempt. I immediately changed my password and sent a command to log out of all devices, but have not yet turned on two-factor authentication. The password for my MS account was...
  3. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?: This past week Oct 16, 6:36PM I received an authentic MS email alerting me to a successful login attempt. I immediately changed my password and sent a command to log out of all devices, but have not yet turned on two-factor authentication. The password for my MS account was...
  4. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be concerned?: Hello.I was just looking around in Device Manager. Went to View > Devices By Connection and saw "Unknown Device". Is it spyware? Should I be concerned?I'm not too much into tech so I'm not sure if this is normal....
  6. Should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I be concerned?: Hello.I was just looking around in Device Manager. Went to View > Devices By Connection and saw "Unknown Device". Is it spyware? Should I be concerned?I'm not too much into tech so I'm not sure if this is normal....
  7. what is all of this? should i be concerned?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is all of this? should i be concerned?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/socksgrowonbushes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2jbgn/what_is_all_of_this_should_i_be_concerned/
  8. How concerned should I be about this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How concerned should I be about this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/inhumantsar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kykhud/how_concerned_should_i_be_about_this/
  9. Should I be concerned now? AU update arrived :(

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I be concerned now? AU update arrived :(: New member with a question *Smile Having owned this fantastic HP Envy Windows 10 notebook for a couple of weeks I am really impressed with Windows 10 ... Just noticed that Windows 10 "AU" 1607 is ready to install... .Should I be worried now [img] I know forums...
  10. Should I Be Concerned and Extra Cautious

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I Be Concerned and Extra Cautious: I signed up for the Windows 10 Upgrade program and it is clearly time to bite the bullet. I put a good month into sorting out how to move from XP/Pro to Win7/Pro x64. I bought my copy of Win7 (7 Professional Upgrade [Old Version] SKU 882224883443) late in the game and paid...