Windows 10: Unknown Device

Discus and support Unknown Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Glad to hear you got it sorted! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Unknown Device

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018
  2. copiman Win User

Just did a clean install of 10 on a laptop that had 10 already on it. Device manager is showing unknown device. The device id is; ACPI\ven_asd&dev_0001. I have searched to find what this is with confusion. I cannot figure out what driver from HP it is. Trying not to use HP assistance because I need to learn. Can someone help me with a way to figure this one out and hopefully figure out others in the future. I know there is a way. Just don't know what it is.

Here are the MFG driver page:

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

:)

copiman, Apr 14, 2018
  3. CraigLong Win User
    Unknown Device

You are welcome.

CraigLong, Apr 14, 2018
  4. FGrcia Win User

Unknown Device

Unknown devices

I have a problem with my notebook (Lenovo Y700-15ISK, Windows 10, 64 bits). Suddenly, three unknown devices appeared in the device manager, I don't know why. In the properties they say:

General:

Device Type: Other devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

The drivers for this device are not installed. (...)

Details:

Device instance path: ROOT\NET\0000, ROOT\NET\0001, ROOT\NET\0002 (said in the three unknown devices respectively)

Hardware Ids: ptun0901

Events:

(...)

Device configured (null)

(...)

I have tried clicking in update driver (it didn't work). I installed tap-Windows Virtual Network Driver from OpenVPN web page, but the unknown devices are still there.

I will appreciate your help.

FGrcia, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Access Denied, Apr 14, 2018
  6. copiman Win User
    Thanks. I saw that earlier but did not think it was for this laptop. When I tried to install it I was greeted by " You must have AMD Catalyst Install Manager installed, aborting. I went to AMD site and found auto detect for drivers. That just loaded graphic stuff. I have searched and cannot find AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Not sure what to do, very frustrated but will get over it.

copiman, Apr 14, 2018
  7. copiman Win User
    Turns out you don't need AMD Catalyst installer. Download driver and unzip> Go to device manager and select device> select update driver and browse to unzipped folder and choose it. This allowed the driver to be installed.

Once again, learned something new.

copiman, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

Unknown Device

1. Unknown Device - Similar Threads - Unknown Device

2. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  3. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  4. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  5. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  6. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager

Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager: I am having issues with connecting an external device via MicroUSB to my computer. I tried reinstalling the USB drivers, that fixed one problem, but raised another issue. The device was being recognized as a unknown device in Device Manager somehow. All I am trying to do is...
  8. Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager: I am having issues with connecting an external device via MicroUSB to my computer. I tried reinstalling the USB drivers, that fixed one problem, but raised another issue. The device was being recognized as a unknown device in Device Manager somehow. All I am trying to do is...
  9. unknown device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown device: my laptop: Dell Precision 3510 I have on this problem for 3 months, I can't get any solutionif you can't help me , tell me what is this drive ?location on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant SystemThe drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for...
  10. unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknown device: my laptop: Dell Precision 3510 I have on this problem for 3 months, I can't get any solutionif you can't help me , tell me what is this drive ?location on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant SystemThe drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ptun0901 lenovo

2. solved pci\ven_8086&dev_0a03&subsys_20108086&rev_09\

3. unknown device id ptun0901 in w10

4. ROOT\NET\0001 ptun0901,
  5. root\net\0000 Dell inspiron