Windows 10: Unknown device

Discus and support Unknown device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two identical Lenovo laptops that came with win 7. Every time I upgrade to win 10, there is unknown device in device manager. Everything seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ditto3000, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Unknown device

I have two identical Lenovo laptops that came with win 7. Every time I upgrade to win 10, there is unknown device in device manager. Everything seems to work fine but it bugs me what is it since can't find proper driver. I installed every upgrade driver for my laptops from Lenovo but didn't pick it up. Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/ditto3000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ditto3000, Oct 31, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown device [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unknown device

unknown USB device

Hi Ali,

To better assist you, kindly provide some more information regarding the issue:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for any updates regarding this matter.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Unknown device

1. Unknown device - Similar Threads - Unknown device

2. I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...: I only have 3 USB devices connected to my computer currently. My mouse, keyboard and sound mixer. I have moved the USB ports they are located in, restarted, updated drivers "when available" and nothing is fixing the issue. In Device Manager I have uninstalled, disabled &...
  3. I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...: I only have 3 USB devices connected to my computer currently. My mouse, keyboard and sound mixer. I have moved the USB ports they are located in, restarted, updated drivers "when available" and nothing is fixing the issue. In Device Manager I have uninstalled, disabled &...
  4. I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unknown device related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device related: Can anybody tell me does nvidia moduler tracker driver is an important thing for nvidia graphics card or is it a tracking thing. Because I uninstall it as it shows unknown device....
  6. Unknown device related

Unknown device related: Can anybody tell me does nvidia moduler tracker driver is an important thing for nvidia graphics card or is it a tracking thing. Because I uninstall it as it shows unknown device....
  7. Why is Realtek Audio Driver listed under "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Realtek Audio Driver listed under "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager?: I have the same exact problem as someone else here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-realtek-hd-audio-in-other-devices-in/2d859fdb-6253-4a22-8a68-0a0f72bdc118 except the solution that worked for him did not for me, I tried installing the driver...
  8. Why is Realtek Audio Driver listed under "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager?

Why is Realtek Audio Driver listed under "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager?: I have the same exact problem as someone else here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-realtek-hd-audio-in-other-devices-in/2d859fdb-6253-4a22-8a68-0a0f72bdc118 except the solution that worked for him did not for me, I tried installing the driver...
  9. Why is Realtek Audio Driver listed under "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...