Windows 10: Unknown Devices showing up in Network

Discus and support Unknown Devices showing up in Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I've encountered this once before, but it's recently happened again. Got a device named 'austin' showing up in my Windows network section of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shadowbolt05, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Unknown Devices showing up in Network

So, I've encountered this once before, but it's recently happened again.

Got a device named 'austin' showing up in my Windows network section of Explorer. Its vendor was labelled 'Amazon', and it had no IP address - only a MAC address.

To double my confusion, when I checked my main router's web UI (Sky Q Hub - I'm in the UK) it showed no such device connected with no such MAC address.

The only solution I could come up with for this was to completely reset the passwords for my access points - the Q Hub and an AirPort Extreme 4th-Gen that I use to extend my signal.

Before I went all scorched earth, 'austin' would be around only for a few seconds so I could check its properties, but then disappear right after. It'd come back around 10-20 seconds later.

Knowing my neighbours, they're probably trying to crack the Wi-Fi password or something like that - I have a feeling they don't really like us very much, lol.

But seriously though - this confuses me, and why the heck are these 'ghost' devices showing up? Last time it was a Philips smart TV!

Edit: Just got another one. This time it's a device that's made by 'rockchip' - I think these guys make ROCKBOX? Picture:

Unknown Devices showing up in Network 5952dc6c-c841-408a-b9a9-611407887ad4?upload=true.png

:)

Shadowbolt05, Oct 28, 2019

2. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown Devices showing up in Network [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 28, 2019
  3. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Unknown Devices showing up in Network

unknown network device

I had the same issue. I was concerned as i matched all amazon devices and mac was showing with no ip address. i checked router history and no dhcp to the device mac amazon or full ford. My neighbor has a new ford nearby though. It has wireless and my windows
    10 was discovering it local not on the network. I used the article link below explanation works and fix listed solves the problem and increases security.

Fix: Unknown and Strange Devices Showing Up on Network - Appuals.com

JimmyHaney, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Unknown Devices showing up in Network

1. Unknown Devices showing up in Network - Similar Threads - Unknown Devices showing

2. Devices / Computers not showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices / Computers not showing up in Network: For some reason I can't see any computers on the network anymore, not even my own PC. It used to work just fine, but now nothing is showing up inside the Network 0 items and I didn't changed anything at all I didn't installed any new program, didn't update/remove any...
  3. Devices / Computers not showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices / Computers not showing up in Network: For some reason I can't see any computers on the network anymore, not even my own PC. It used to work just fine, but now nothing is showing up inside the Network 0 items and I didn't changed anything at all I didn't installed any new program, didn't update/remove any...
  4. Unknown Network Device showing Windows Explorer Bedroom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Network Device showing Windows Explorer Bedroom: I'm not a worker, I'm still a student. I don't know if this is a secure network? I saw a network server called "Bedroom" with the ZTE Mserver and ZTE CY Team models that suddenly connected and I also never used an e-itharnet cable and I only used wifi. I'm not cooperating. I...
  5. Unknown Network Device showing Windows Explorer Bedroom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Network Device showing Windows Explorer Bedroom: I'm not a worker, I'm still a student. I don't know if this is a secure network? I saw a network server called "Bedroom" with the ZTE Mserver and ZTE CY Team models that suddenly connected and I also never used an e-itharnet cable and I only used wifi. I'm not cooperating. I...
  6. unknown device on network

unknown device on network: Hello, I use WiFi Guard to monitor my network devices, and have a device showing up on the network that I cannot account for. The network belongs to my roommate, and in addition to my devices, I've identified all her devices on the network. But this one device shows up at...
  7. Device showing up on network

Device showing up on network: After the recent Windows update we are seeing a new device showing up on our home network that has not been there before. It comes and goes. Is this someone trying to hack into our network. We do have an Alexa dot but this is the first time that we have been seeing this...
  8. Devices do not show up in Network

Devices do not show up in Network: After I recently changed router settings, I could not see any of the computers on my local network and now I cannot see the computer folder in file explorer/network. I cannot even see my own computer. My computer can be accessed by another computer on the network. How do I...
  9. unknown devices appears in networks and devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown devices appears in networks and devices: [IMG][ATTACH]Hello, when I type in the search bar (bottom left of the screen) Networks and Devices (View Computers and Networks and more below Control Panel) my router appears but there is also, and this often , another device, Sometimes it's a cell phone (named Shamu,...
  10. Unknown device mt7662_p2p showing in Home Network

Unknown device mt7662_p2p showing in Home Network: Recently the following device started showing up in my Home Network. It says Mediatek mt7662_p2p, but there are no other information available on the properties. I assume it could be a wireless display in one of my neighbors home, but I would expect to see some more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spying and unknown devices show up and then disappear