Windows 10: Unknown drive Z:

Discus and support Unknown drive Z: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently a unknown drive Z: appeared in my system, when I tried to open it, the message showed. Could someone tell me what it is and how to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by big10, Oct 13, 2016.

1. big10 Win User

Unknown drive Z:

Recently a unknown drive Z: appeared in my system, when I tried to open it, the message showed.

Could someone tell me what it is and how to get rid of it?
    Unknown drive Z: [​IMG]

:)

big10, Oct 13, 2016

2. Drive problem.

Microsoft.

A unknown drive Z was created automatically ,which is not accessible by any means.

kindly please say what is the purpose of drive z?

Panchi shinde, Oct 13, 2016
  3. Unknown Z drive

Hi,

My HP laptop running windows 10 has a Z drive of 256 mb. What is the use> How to remove this?

VivekanandanR, Oct 13, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

Unknown drive Z:

Plz run diskmgmt.msc and post screen shot of partition layout.

mike s, Oct 13, 2016
  5. big10 Win User
    The unknown drive Z: did not appear in Disk Management.

Unknown drive Z: [​IMG]

big10, Oct 13, 2016
  6. Used by Windows Anniversary update. It is a temporary disk partition and will go away eventually. Don't worry about it.

lagunasrfr, Oct 13, 2016
  7. big10 Win User
    But it did not appear in my laptop also updated with Anniversary update.

I just ran Malwarebyte, and no malware detected.

big10, Oct 13, 2016
  8. Unknown drive Z:

Reboot pc with z drive. See if it goes away.

lagunasrfr, Oct 13, 2016
  9. big10 Win User
    Rebooted, it went away.

big10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown drive Z:

1. Unknown drive Z: - Similar Threads - Unknown drive

2. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  3. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  4. Unknown, Uninitialised drive.

Unknown, Uninitialised drive.: I know that similar problem had occured here many times already, however no solution I found and felt safe enough to execute worked.I recently installed a new internal drive on my computer and found out in disk manager that this disk is Unknown, uninitialised, uninitialasable...
  5. Unknown, Uninitialised drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown, Uninitialised drive.: I know that similar problem had occured here many times already, however no solution I found and felt safe enough to execute worked.I recently installed a new internal drive on my computer and found out in disk manager that this disk is Unknown, uninitialised, uninitialasable...
  6. Unknown, Uninitialised drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device": Hello, I am facing issues with my ASUS DVD ROM drive DRW-1608P2S and a ViPower SuperRack. I have plugged both in using 2 IDE to SATA adapters. They receive power, the DVD ROM opens and spins, and so does the hard drive inside of the rack, but they aren't detected in file...
  8. DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device": Hello, I am facing issues with my ASUS DVD ROM drive DRW-1608P2S and a ViPower SuperRack. I have plugged both in using 2 IDE to SATA adapters. They receive power, the DVD ROM opens and spins, and so does the hard drive inside of the rack, but they aren't detected in file...
  9. DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device"

10. I am trying to access a Western Digital Hard Drive via usb but device manager says unknown...

I am trying to access a Western Digital Hard Drive via usb but device manager says unknown...: I am trying to access a Western Digital Hard Drive via usb but device manager says unknown device, and windows says that it malfunctioned the last time it was connected, after some digging, i found the following data: Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Guid:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown drive z