Windows 10: Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD

Discus and support Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Having an issue that is exacerbated by the game ARMA III. From time to time I will get random BSOD, but when playing ARMA III it is amplified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JB138, Apr 8, 2021.

1. JB138 Win User

Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD

Hello,

Having an issue that is exacerbated by the game ARMA III. From time to time I will get random BSOD, but when playing ARMA III it is amplified and I get them more for some reason. Ran sfc and found nothing and then did driver verified steps from here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

PC would crash before even loading windows, so its for sure a driver causing it. Got it working again from a restore point and have attached the minidumps and my info, any help is appreciated.

My PC:

Win 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, 19041

i7 8700 @3.2 GHz

16GB RAM

GTX 1080 Founders

DX12

Dump Files

:)

JB138, Apr 8, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

Random BSODs with unknown cause

Please run driver verifier using the following settings for 48 hours.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Deadlock Detection
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking

Warning: driver verifier could cause boot issues and/or performance issues.

Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:
    Crashed when running driver verifier
    1. Reset driver verifier
    2. Boot in normal mode if necessary
    3. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to provide the requested logs

axe0, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Golden Win User

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD - Similar Threads - Unknown Driver Causing

2. BSOD caused by unknown problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by unknown problem: Dear Microsoft Support team,My name is Christian, i am currently experiencing BSOD problem today. So, today in the middle of online class, my wifi started blinking Turn on and off i have done sfc /scannow and many cmd command and tried to reinstall my internet driver. Still...
  3. Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.

Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.: Hey everyone, for the past 8 month since I got this new computer I've been getting constant BSODS usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and I'm not able to locate the cause. I have run memtest86 and no errors occurred I tried switching drivers, and still the bsod's continue......
  4. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal is a BSOD that keeps happening to me while im playing games and I can't identify why , I reinstalled windows completly brand new and wiped everything off my pc and checked for solutions...
  5. BSOD - Unknown Cause

BSOD - Unknown Cause: I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but...
  6. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by an unknown driver

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by an unknown driver: As the title says, I encountered the first BSOD after I clean installed my PC for the last 6 days. The BSOD error code is also in the title, with the reason for the fail is from an unknown driver called "kinonivd.sys". I have attached the log file from the collector as...
  7. BSOD sporadic unknown cause

BSOD sporadic unknown cause: Hey All, Hope im following the rules etc, only thing im worried about is when i ran your tool im not sure if it picked up any DMP files as they seem to go away pretty quickly. Anyway here is your Zip attached : DESKTOP-GIACRJ8-(2019-05-28_16-25-15).zip I have been going...
  8. Random BSODs with unknown cause

Random BSODs with unknown cause: Hey guys! Got a problem with my new system. I get different bluescreens from time to time. Here is a link to an example dump file: Uploadfiles.io - 121818-9968-01.dmp My system: I9-9900k RTX 2080ti 32GB Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3600 DIMM Samsung 970 Pro 1TB DarkPower...
  9. Kinda BSOD but unknown cause

Kinda BSOD but unknown cause: Hello! My pc turns on after only several attempts - sometimes it gets to the welcome screen and says it does not recognize user or something about RPC but not sure. But when i do turn it on and wake it up from sleep or sometime just random i get a small box saying that the...
  10. BSOD cause (mostly) unknown

BSOD cause (mostly) unknown: My computer has been having regular BSODs that I have tracked to ntoskrnl.exe. I have run the Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] command multiple times and it always comes back clean. I dont remember if I have tried Code: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] or...