Windows 10: unknown error during booting process

Discus and support unknown error during booting process in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly, after working for many years without problems, during booting a Bios window appears with: please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. Press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PiKo, Sep 2, 2019.

1. PiKo Win User

unknown error during booting process

Suddenly, after working for many years without problems, during booting a Bios window appears with: please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. Press F1 to run Setup.
    Pressing F1 brings you in the Bios. After not changing anything, booting continues without problems. Everything works as it should be. Apparently, an error occuring during the boot process has no influence on the performance.
    After restart, the F1 message is not presented; after shutting down for some hr, the F1 message is presented again. I set the Bios on default values: F1 message remains.

It might be the CMOS battery, but date/time are correct.
    I could disable in the Bios: Wait for F1 if error detected, but that does not seem a clever solution.
    So: is there a way to retrieve what error is detected in the boot process?
    Could it be the CMOS battery, despite correct date/time readings.
    Any other suggestion?
    Mobo: Asus P8P67LE

:)

PiKo, Sep 2, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 2, 2019
  3. KieX Win User
    Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Sep 2, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Boot process

The best explanation I have read is this link on Quora, it explains each step of the boot process in detail. While it does not list all
    the files executed - this would be not be the same on different systems, it does give an in depth explanation

Another thing you might like to look up is the difference in booting a BIOS based system as opposed to a UEFI based system -

Click HERE
    for a good article

DaveM121, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. unknown error during booting process - Similar Threads - unknown error during

2. hp recovery during boot process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp recovery during boot process: Hi When I turn on computer, it show message as belowHp recoveryno operating system was found on this system.do you want to reinstall the operating system, enter the 4-digit code shownWhen I enter ESC button, it will login windows system, but how can I ignore the message...
  3. hp recovery during boot process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp recovery during boot process: Hi When I turn on computer, it show message as belowHp recoveryno operating system was found on this system.do you want to reinstall the operating system, enter the 4-digit code shownWhen I enter ESC button, it will login windows system, but how can I ignore the message...
  4. hp recovery during boot process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  6. Unknown process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown process: Anyone have any ideas Hp shutdown proc 148739
  7. Error during scanning - Unknown source

in Windows 10 Support
    Error during scanning - Unknown source: I had just started the machine this morning and up popped an error message window. I've been unable to find the source or cause. I'm concerned it may be something bad so I haven't clicked it yet. [img] 145677
  8. Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ZuTmvzEGsJ5BRtzKg2Tj8eVvgLEjNYM first you can see this video and tell me Why it happens ? . When I push the power button of my laptop and when it turns on it display a short message saying " press esc for...
  9. keyboard and black screen during boot process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and black screen during boot process: My computer, hp i3 core running windows 10, gives me a black screen and the image of keyboard during boot up and will not go any further. How do around this? or possibly get into safe mode without full boot up?...
  10. Display Dims During Boot Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Dims During Boot Process: I have two questions that are somewhat related: 1. I have my monitor set at 144hz. That resolution shows my display dimmer than other resolutions. Is that normal? 2. During the boot process my screen and once the desktop is loaded, some program or process is causing the...