Windows 10: Unknown error in most applications

Discus and support Unknown error in most applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think that I messed something up in the options accessed from Settings>Update & Security>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Troubleshoot, because I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PopsicleEXE, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Unknown error in most applications

I think that I messed something up in the options accessed from Settings>Update & Security>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Troubleshoot, because I changed something, I don't remember what but now I get an error 9999(Unexpected user error) in Audacity whenever I start it, I can't generate or load any Minecraft (Java Edition) worlds, and websites take an eternity to load.

I have Windows build 18362.

:)

PopsicleEXE, Mar 21, 2020

2. “Unknown layout specified in manifest” error on the Windows Store in Windows 10 1709 region Sweden

• Windows store gives error related to “Unknown layout specified in manifest” error on the Windows Store
    Tried resintalling and changing the region as mentioned in few blogs

tried reinstalling the .NET also

anymore suggestions

ArjunSingh5, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Steevo Win User
    Steevo, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Axolotl Win User

Unknown error in most applications

Multiple Different Errors for Unknown Reasons

Unfortunately neither fixed the issue. Trying to follow the instructions of any other 'windows not connecting fix' things online leads to errors like this popping up at nearly every step:

Unknown error in most applications [​IMG]

Axolotl, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Unknown error in most applications

1. Unknown error in most applications - Similar Threads - Unknown error applications

2. ERROR ENCOUNTERED 0x80070057 ,UPDATER.EXE-APPLICATION ERROR THE EXCEPTION UNKNOWN SOFTWARE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR ENCOUNTERED 0x80070057 ,UPDATER.EXE-APPLICATION ERROR THE EXCEPTION UNKNOWN SOFTWARE...: I have never taken a coumputer course but learned on the job and watching others. I want you to know because I can not understand too much indepth directions. It is like a foreign language. Unfortunately I am in the INSIDER PROGRAM AND I REALLY AM NOT QUALIFIED TO BE IN...
  3. Windows - Application Error The exception unknown software exception 0xc0000409 occurred in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows - Application Error The exception unknown software exception 0xc0000409 occurred in...: This indicates I have malware on my computer, and it is in my Win. 7 pro I posted a request for help 3 days ago, Dec. 20th, and have yet to get help. At this point, I would like to download Win. 10 to replace my Win. 7 pro sigh, but obviously cannot do so until the malware...
  4. Unknown error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown error?: As of yesterday I've noticed an inconsistency with the GB free in my local disks; displaying 241 when earlier that day it stated 252. No downloads for the day and the number didn't change when I deleted 5GB of data. Soon after, new errors appeared: file explorer not loading...
  5. unknown error

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown error: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/492882534288326667/498666410189389845/image0.jpg?width=1083&height=446 [ATTACH] does anyone know what this means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-error/9254db74-7d2b-4fd6-8ab2-b6d2af6d07c3
  6. 0xc0000135 error when opening most applications

0xc0000135 error when opening most applications: This problem started about 1 week or 2 ago; I have a Dell XPS 13 9460 computer running Windows 10. Whenever I try opening many applications, including Steam, NordVPN, Microsoft Word, Spotify and more, I get this error, "The application was unable to start correctly...
  7. Unknown error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown error: Dear Sir or Madam, I hope this message finds you well. I have noticed that when I shut down my laptop, I can see a message saying 'unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FF9619DA388'. Before noticing this message, I had...
  8. Various applications crashing, mostly from error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various applications crashing, mostly from error 0xc0000005: Hi! Various applications are crashing at seemingly random times. The most common culprits are video games (in my case, GTAV and JustCause2), but various windows executables also crash. The most common exception code which caused the crash is 0xc0000005. Other codes pop...
  9. BSOD cause (mostly) unknown

BSOD cause (mostly) unknown: My computer has been having regular BSODs that I have tracked to ntoskrnl.exe. I have run the Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] command multiple times and it always comes back clean. I dont remember if I have tried Code: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] or...
  10. Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Hard Error: Hi All, I have been trying to resolve various issues with W10 (see other posts) and have been trying to use Safe mode to rule out possible configuration abnormalities. However, on both of my test machines, I get an error dialog titled: explorer.exe - System Warning...