Windows 10: Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

Discus and support Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hyun15, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Hyun15 Win User

Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

Hello.

Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but seems to have had no real bearing on anything else.

The message has a title of "RansomDefender" and the error message is " '2020-07-08 22:22:24' is not a valid date and time. "

Please help me to understand why this is occurring and how I can resolve it.

Thank you.

:)

Hyun15, Jul 12, 2019
  2. petbax Win User

unknown error message

Hi, I'm new to this forum, can anyone advise me on the attached error message and how to get rid of it when my laptop boots up? thanks

Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally [​IMG]

petbax, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally - Similar Threads - Unknown Error Message

2. POP up message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP up message: why do I keep getting the following message? C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe with a black box screen in the background what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/4da6dc13-7dc6-44bd-91d7-f9d1816e05e2
  3. Unknown error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error message: Whilst trying to update an Acer notebook to Windows 10 v1903 I get an error dialogue box with the message "RuntimeBroker.exe"the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.Any idea what this means? 135788
  4. This message pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This message pop up: Can anyone help me with this. how i can slove this issue and can know the reason behind this message or error .[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-message-pop-up/38395bf6-77ca-4c3d-9136-e174dcc5db54
  5. javascript error message pops up on start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    javascript error message pops up on start up: javascript error message pops up on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error-message-pops-up-on-start-up/ee596eb4-6a44-4f53-a6cf-176b774a351a
  6. Annoying pop up message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop up message: I keep getting the following pop message; c:users\users\appdata\roaming\03d402\eKYC fkc.vbs any ideas how to get rid of it please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-up-message/75cdd4c5-3be0-4864-9eb0-313ed2a64817"
  7. unknown error message

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown error message: Hi, I'm new to this forum, can anyone advise me on the attached error message and how to get rid of it when my laptop boots up? thanks [img] 118463
  8. RunDLL Pop Up Message

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDLL Pop Up Message: This RunDLL message pops up every time at the startup of the computer (Window 10) and it takes very long to startup: There was a problem starting icingsdetractor.dll The specific module could not be found. Greatly appreciate it if anyone can advise how this can be...
  9. Annoying pop up messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop up messages: Hi. I must have installed some messing system by mistake. I get these grey boxes floating in from the side or coming up on the right of the computer. As an example if I use FTP software on my website I get a grey box moving in from the side saying files transferred. I am...
  10. Message keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message keeps popping up: [ATTACH] This keeps popping up on my screen. Is this legit or is this is this a scam or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/message-keeps-popping-up/83181e7a-33b8-4346-b048-5b5bb3aed167