Windows 10: Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

Discus and support Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hyun15, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Hyun15 Win User

Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

Hello.

Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but seems to have had no real bearing on anything else.

The message has a title of "RansomDefender" and the error message is " '2020-07-08 22:22:24' is not a valid date and time. "

Please help me to understand why this is occurring and how I can resolve it.

Thank you.

:)

Hyun15, Jul 12, 2019
  2. petbax Win User

unknown error message

Hi, I'm new to this forum, can anyone advise me on the attached error message and how to get rid of it when my laptop boots up? thanks

Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally [​IMG]

petbax, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally - Similar Threads - Unknown Error Message

2. This Pop-up error message show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Pop-up error message show up: Why does windows 11 show me the below screenshot problem every time I start windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-up-error-message-show-up/c7227ea0-63fb-4a91-982a-fbb8253c9d91
  3. This Pop-up error message show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This Pop-up error message show up: Why does windows 11 show me the below screenshot problem every time I start windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-up-error-message-show-up/c7227ea0-63fb-4a91-982a-fbb8253c9d91
  4. UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS: Hi everyone, i got disturbed by unknown pop up windows it suddenly appeared and then dissapeared in seconds. But when i accidentally clicked when it appeared the pop up windows last name is CVDRCCC. I already googled the CVDRCCC file but i found none. Please help how to get...
  5. UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS: Hi everyone, i got disturbed by unknown pop up windows it suddenly appeared and then dissapeared in seconds. But when i accidentally clicked when it appeared the pop up windows last name is CVDRCCC. I already googled the CVDRCCC file but i found none. Please help how to get...
  6. A error message that kept on popping up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A error message that kept on popping up: Whenever I would try to download a app, for example; a browser, this error message would pop up, I think it has to do with Microsoft store missing, no, GONE...
  7. error message pop up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error message pop up: Hi guys,I was wondering if you could help me please.....I keep getting error message today first time for year & half. I not sure what does it mean though and trying to finding out how to get rid of...
  8. Occasional pop-up after signing-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional pop-up after signing-in: Windows 10 (64-bit) v1909, Build 18363.778 set up as a Local account and sometimes (not enough to be a problem but enough to make me curious), after signing-in, I will see a Windows 10 pop-up. See picture: - [img] Does anyone know how to stop it happening? Thanks in...
  9. POP UP ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP UP ERROR MESSAGE: Why am I getting this message? How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-error-message/6cca3bba-a6ac-40d4-9123-e3f08bdd4bb2
  10. Occasional unexplained pop up window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Occasional unexplained pop up window: Occasionally an odd window will pop up on my screen. I need help to stop it recurring. Here's what it shows: FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program...