Windows 10: unknown error message

Discus and support unknown error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to this forum, can anyone advise me on the attached error message and how to get rid of it when my laptop boots up? thanks [img] 118463 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petbax, Sep 24, 2018.

1. petbax Win User

unknown error message

Hi, I'm new to this forum, can anyone advise me on the attached error message and how to get rid of it when my laptop boots up? thanks

unknown error message [​IMG]

:)

petbax, Sep 24, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Indy Win User

unknown error message

Unknown Architecture error

Under certain conditions (overclocked but far from limits) the program will not open, instead a window appears with an Unknown Architecture error message..

I figured I'd be asked this... lol

GPU-Z 0.1.7
    After every 3Dmark03/06 benchtest when Quad core is pushed beyond 4GHz
    8800GTX SLI nvidia 169.21 drivers
    Striker Extreme 1503 BIOS

Thema:

unknown error message

1. unknown error message - Similar Threads - unknown error message

2. Unknown error message - help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown error message - help?: Hi everybody! I don't know what sub to post this in, so I'm going here because I'm running Windows 10. I was just starting a download of a program onto my E: drive, and at about the same time I received this error message as a popup: A JavaScript error occurred in the main...
  3. Error message: Exception unknown software error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message: Exception unknown software error: During the day I receive such kind of error messages: Teams.exe - Application Error the exception unknown software exception 0xe0000008 occurred at location 0x00007FFAFD009129 What could be the reason?...
  4. Unknown message

Unknown message: Hi, I have a problem on my Legion laptop. It's a message stuck in the middle of the screen: "You'll need a new app to open this https link" and it has an 'ok' button but it can't be pressed. Please. Could you help me with this issue? Thanks...
  5. Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally: Hello. Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but seems to have had no real bearing on anything else. The message has a title of "RansomDefender" and the error message is "...
  6. Unknown error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error message: Whilst trying to update an Acer notebook to Windows 10 v1903 I get an error dialogue box with the message "RuntimeBroker.exe"the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.Any idea what this means? 135788
  7. Unknown error?

Unknown error?: As of yesterday I've noticed an inconsistency with the GB free in my local disks; displaying 241 when earlier that day it stated 252. No downloads for the day and the number didn't change when I deleted 5GB of data. Soon after, new errors appeared: file explorer not loading...
  8. Camera not working. Error message: 0xA00F4240<unknown>0x80004003

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working. Error message: 0xA00F4240<unknown>0x80004003: when are Microsoft go to sort the mess they have made with the AV stream camera all the suggestion made do not work I now have 2 desktop Pcs that have this error codes that suggest the the camera is NOT working but the opposite is true its working but you cant get into the...
  9. Fix Unknown USB Device error message on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unknown USB Device error message on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We all use a number of USB Devices every day. From plugging in our phones for charging to using our Pen Drives, we are making the use of USB Drives. But sometimes, a Windows computer throws an error of Unknown USB [...] This post Fix Unknown USB Device error...
  10. "Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?: I just got this error message. I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any have gone bad. So, to do trouble-shooting,Is there any way to enumerate USB logical ports and the devices that are attached? I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any...