Windows 10: Unknown Error. Please check Windows event Log

Discus and support Unknown Error. Please check Windows event Log in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to send emails from Sage payroll software. It displays Unknown Error. Please check Windows event Log for more details. The Event Viewer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarmNor, Apr 14, 2020.

1. MarmNor Win User

Unknown Error. Please check Windows event Log

Hi

I'm trying to send emails from Sage payroll software. It displays Unknown Error. Please check Windows event Log for more details.

The Event Viewer shows an Error message ESENT, Event ID 455, Category 3

I am a complete novice so will need very basic instructions, thanks.

Can anyone help me please?

:)

MarmNor, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 14, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Event Error Log

Windows 10 Event Error Log - Summary Section

One of the Logs listed needs to be deleted since this application has been removed from my laptop. Is there anyway to remove it from the Log -Summary Section?

nancy3243, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown Error. Please check Windows event Log - Similar Threads - Unknown Error Please

2. Event log error please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log error please help: Please any advice would be helpful believe a may have faulty mobo as having problems when dim1 is occupied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log-error-please-help/3e287cdf-56b5-4693-8919-dd8799815045
  3. Event log error please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event log error please help: Please any advice would be helpful believe a may have faulty mobo as having problems when dim1 is occupied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log-error-please-help/3e287cdf-56b5-4693-8919-dd8799815045
  4. AllJoyn Event Log Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AllJoyn Event Log Error: Please explain the cause of the following error on my laptop Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1 Laptop Intel R Core TM i5-10210u 8 GB RAM Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 Windows Feature Exp Pack 120.2202.130.0 AllJoyn encountered an error 0x4 in module IPNS, file...
  5. Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed please check the event log for details

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed please check the event log for details: hello, i need help to get into my PC. I am getting the sign-in process initialization failure. I have rebooted the computer several times, still getting the same message. Click on OK and it locks my computer screen. i unplug the computer and replugged still getting error....
  6. event logs diagnosed please

event logs diagnosed please: one drive link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak8g6RJ_XY9xhQiGURlhr94vzXJF?e=eUVJzb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs-diagnosed-please/1f12f17c-0a90-497d-a090-09f730323933
  7. Blue error and issue in Event log. Please help!

Blue error and issue in Event log. Please help!: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 6/7/2019 10:35:13 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DESKTOP-NEM4QSV\tanle Computer: DESKTOP-NEM4QSV Description: The...
  8. P2P Event Log error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P2P Event Log error: Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Error pops up from time to time. All articles addressing the issue have been studied, but none has offered a reason. It's a benign error in the Kernel-Event Tracking log, which can be disabled to hide the...
  9. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625
  10. New Error in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    New Error in Event Log: Anybody know how to fix this issue please? The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user...