Windows 10: Unknown exe files SOLVED

Discus and support Unknown exe files SOLVED in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by colinrobot, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Unknown exe files SOLVED

Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and names%PROGRAMFILESX86%\rosser\Combes.exe%PROGRAMFILESx86%\unreal\Comment.exe%Localappdata%\Observation.exeThey show up in the Registry but not in the locationsAre they legit or Malware? They don't show up as malware on AVG or Superantispyware Thanks in advance for any helpI was advised to come here by community expert DSPatrick

:)

colinrobot, Sep 7, 2022

2. [SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

The clean boot needs an exe file to work, so therefore I can't do one!!!

Any other ideas that do not need a exe file?

GeoffLester, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Jessen P Win User
    [SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you get?
    • Is the issue specific to opening .exe files?
    I would request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if the .exe files can be opened.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Please revert if you still find error while opening the .exe files.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Unknown exe files SOLVED

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Unknown exe files SOLVED

1. Unknown exe files SOLVED - Similar Threads - Unknown exe files

2. Unknown exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown exe files: Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and names%PROGRAMFILESX86%\rosser\Combes.exe%PROGRAMFILESx86%\unreal\Comment.exe%Localappdata%\Observation.exeThey show up in the Registry...
  3. Files and EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and EXE: There is a software on my computer called ErrorHandler.exe and Kernel Broker.exe, my antivirus says that they are malware so I deleted them, however, they keep coming back, sometimes all at once, sometimes only one of them or 2. I emptied my recycle bin to get rid of them but...
  4. vcredist_x64.exe error not solved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vcredist_x64.exe error not solved: I faced vcredist_x64.exe error and tried to solve it in several ways I cleaned my hard drive with Cleanmgr command, also ran Sfc/scannow command – both with no results. Did I make something wrong? I picked up the tips from...
  5. Multi .exe apps unable to write to protected files SOLVED

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi .exe apps unable to write to protected files SOLVED: I recently had trouble running FreeFileSync from computer auto start-up, I kept getting a warning that the app could not write to protected folders. I found that only FreeFileSync.exe was allowed through controlled file access of any protected folders. Adding RealTimeSync.exe...
  6. .EXE files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....
  7. Download folder freezes upon running .exe file [Solved]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder freezes upon running .exe file [Solved]: Currently i run into a rather weird problem, so i downloaded an .exe file this was a setup.exe file for a software i plan on using, i used the software before without any issues in the past but after not having used it for months i just deleted it. But back on track,...
  8. Unknown MAP SMS/MMS solved.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown MAP SMS/MMS solved.: Go to Devices and Printers in Control Panel. Find your mobile device. Right click the icon and choose properties. Select the services tab. Uncheck MAP SMS/MMS. Your device doesn't support it. It will disappear from the Device Manager....
  9. exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe file: exe file is not working on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file/7e708774-b56c-4846-8036-2e683879ecd7
  10. Unknown .exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown .exe?: I was browsing my Task Manager for suspicous processes and I stumbled along one called 'WinStore.Mobile.exe'. Is this usual? I will post a Word Doc which includes screenshots. 36819