Windows 10: Unknown file in Users Folder

Discus and support Unknown file in Users Folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; From a past few days, I have noticed a new file with my user name being created in the Users folder. And every time I turn on my PC, this file gets... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YashasH S, Aug 6, 2020.

1. YashasH S Win User

Unknown file in Users Folder

From a past few days, I have noticed a new file with my user name being created in the Users folder. And every time I turn on my PC, this file gets opened by default. Is this something I should be worried about?

Down Below, I have posted the screenshot of the contents of the file.

Unknown file in Users Folder 8ba24f3c-e20e-41db-b47b-375ab8554d6b?upload=true.png

:)

YashasH S, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Unknown user

<Okänd kontakt> is just Swedish for <Unknown contact>

When an unknown account is listed in permissions it's usually due to the file or folder having had permissions for a user account on this PC that has since been deleted. Or, if the drive is an external drive that is used by several machines, an account that exists on another PC.

Either way, as the unknown user doesn't exist on this PC then having it listed in permissions doesn't grant access to any account that actually exists.

Bree, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Unknown file in Users Folder :)

Frogger, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown file in Users Folder - Similar Threads - Unknown file Users

2. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  3. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  4. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  5. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  6. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  7. Unknown File In User Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown File In User Folder: I recently opened my users folder C:\Users and found that I have this file that wasn't there before that partialy has my user name on it. say my user name is 'albert von cooker', and the file is named 'albert' the file type is just 'file'. Is this a virus or is this normal?...
  8. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown user: I want to share a folder to other LAN-computers. Have Windows10 Home with all updates. When checking the users for that shared folder I discovered an unknown user ... how do I remove this guy? 147606
  9. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404
  10. New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.: I had to enable "Show hidden hidden files" in order to install Wizcrafts' latest Spam Filters for Mailwasher. There are two new users there. They were created dated today, when I first switched the computer on. What are they? [img] [img] [img] 86457