Windows 10: Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Discus and support Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slideulidou, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file called " A23B7721-871B-4AD0-805D-C50F8EAA5363 " , and it's just a file, no extensions, nothing. It's surely a game or a something related to, but i can't delete it, since it said that this file is opened in system. i don't know what this is, since that HDD isn't the one with windows in it, so this WindowsApp directory only have games.

So i don't know what is it, and if i can delete it.

Any thoughts ?

***moved on english forum***

:)

Slideulidou, Jun 13, 2019

2. Unable to restore deleted file on windowsapps folder

Hi, recently I accidentally deleted some file from windowsapps folder but I'm not able to restore the file from recycle bin back to where its come from. I tried to change ownership on that folder but still unable to restore this file. I'm not prefer to redownload
    this apps which is 2.8gb.. I'm little bit wonder here.. Since I can delete that file, which I believe required full control then why I can't restore it back? Please advice..

Thanks in advance.

VertexS.E.A, Jun 13, 2019
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

1. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete - Similar Threads - Unknown file WindowsApp

2. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder: I used to use the desktop Xbox app. I no longer do and it has left a 25GB folder on my drive that I can't delete. I've taken ownership of the folder, which was a hastle in the first place, but now even after taking ownership I can't delete it or it's contents. I've tried...
  3. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder: I used to use the desktop Xbox app. I no longer do and it has left a 25GB folder on my drive that I can't delete. I've taken ownership of the folder, which was a hastle in the first place, but now even after taking ownership I can't delete it or it's contents. I've tried...
  4. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  6. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  7. Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder: This issue has plague me ever since I started using Microsoft Store Apps and Xbox on Windows 10 I wasn't able to make any changes to the folder even after taking over ownership/removing trusted seller/everyone aside from myself/giving full control to...
  8. Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder

Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder: This issue has plague me ever since I started using Microsoft Store Apps and Xbox on Windows 10 I wasn't able to make any changes to the folder even after taking over ownership/removing trusted seller/everyone aside from myself/giving full control to...
  9. Unable to delete unused WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete unused WindowsApps folder: I downloaded a game from Microsoft Store to an external SSD and ended up needing to move it to an internal HDD to get it to run. I used the Apps and Features options to move the game. It successfully moved it to the HDD, but it left a copy of all of the game files in a...
  10. Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder: Hey guys, I need to delete certain files in the WindowsApps folder. Ive changed permissions to be able to modify/delete the actual WindowsApps Folder (I want to delete certain files in the WindowsApp folder not the actual folder itself) through permissions but even though I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msixvc folder

2. windowsapp\msixvc

3. msixvc file

4. MSIXVC folder windows 10,
  5. windowsapp permission,
  6. msixvc windows app folder,
  7. cant delete windowsapps folder,
  8. unable to delete windows app files,
  9. how to empty windowsapps,
  10. could not delete profileDir: Unable to delete file: C:\Users\AWVZXK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-8100\user\uno_packages\cache\log.txt