Windows 10: unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users"

Discus and support unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was monitoring my startup apps when i see this:opening its file location shows the c:/users directoryfile opened in Notepad++is this a virus?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BumiSafiq, Feb 27, 2024.

1. BumiSafiq Win User

unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users"

I was monitoring my startup apps when i see thisunknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users" :eek:pening its file location shows the c:/users directoryfile opened in Notepad++is this a virus?

:)

BumiSafiq, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users"

1. unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users" - Similar Threads - unknown file named

2. unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users": I was monitoring my startup apps when i see this:opening its file location shows the c:/users directoryfile opened in Notepad++is this a virus?...
  3. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  4. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  5. C user false name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C user false name: Hello I have a problem. My friends C drive is called ₽ (russian currency symbol) for some reason, so some of the games or programms do not recognize it and they give out an error as they wont find path to it. We have tried to change it but nothing works. I was wondering if...
  6. C/Users/*name* change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    C/Users/*name* change: I got this new W10 computer and the guy that set it up for me put in 'owner' as the default name, it's what shows up when booting. If I change the name to something that I would rather have, does it affect all the things under the /User/owner/.... folders, so that some...
  7. Changing the name of the "Home" file in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the name of the "Home" file in C:\Users: It's been bugging me for so long because whenever something pulls up my account name it uses Home, and I really want to change it. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-name-of-the-home-file-in-cusers/62b9d640-c05f-4eb6-be42-680f7a8fc4a3"
  8. unknown files on C

unknown files on C: I noticed today MANY files on C _PatchLink followed by numbers. Says a Cabinet file. What do I need to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-on-c/be5b60b8-9013-4fc9-bf35-5d1ba185a7ea"
  9. Strange & Unknown User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange & Unknown User Name: When I start up the computer, I get presented with this message "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." Below that is an "OK" button. The user name displayed is "morga" -- my last name is "morgan". So when I click "OK" it clears off the message, and I get a...
  10. User name not shown in C:\Users

User name not shown in C:\Users: Since updating from Win 7 to Window 10 - I have 'lost' the appropriate user name in C:\users. Therefore when trying to set 2 other computers to recognise this particular laptop is not possible. My account is Local, and the network is private. A visit to C:\users shows the...