Windows 10: Unknown file system after installing

Discus and support Unknown file system after installing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After Installing windows 10 I got the following message/ Error:unknown filesystem Entering grub rescure mode... After that I looked at the partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zyonixx, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Unknown file system after installing

After Installing windows 10 I got the following message/ Error:unknown filesystem Entering grub rescure mode...

After that I looked at the partitions

(Hd0) (hd1) (hd1,gpt3) etc.

The file system of all of these at unknown.

Thanks in advanced

submitted by /u/Zyonixx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zyonixx, Jan 29, 2021
  2. crooky Win User

Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files

I've had this issue on every Windows 7 and onwards PC I've owned and it's the dreaded "unknown" space being used that gets bigger and bigger until it becomes noticeable. The issue is this time is it doesn't seem like the easy delete the system restore files option within Computer > System > System Protection

Unknown file system after installing [​IMG]

Here's the System Protection settings pages plus the command "VSSAdmin list shadowstorage" run as administrator which confirms no space is being used by shadow copies.

Something that is probably worth saying is that I recently moved from a HDD to a SSD by cloning the original HDD. Since then Programs and Features has not been displaying the file sizes of programs correctly with a number of them being exactly 6.51GB and others despite being 20+GB games (Project Cars) showing as having no file size at all!

This doesn't match the file sizes that Steam is reporting:

Anyone got any ideas on what this could be or a way of locating this unknown space?

Thanks.

crooky, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Unknown file system grub rescue

Hi,

I have the same error as described here: Error unknown file system grub rescue

But the resolution steps did not help.

I have a dual-boot system (win10 + ubuntu).

When I tried the repair procedure I got "windows cannot fix your issue" with two options - troubleshoot again (which doesn't do anything different) or shut down.

I'm unable to do anything from here.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

BR,

Milena

MilenaBaldzhiyska, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Unknown file system after installing

File System: Unknown

format it and set the file system to FAT?

WhiteLotus, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Unknown file system after installing

1. Unknown file system after installing - Similar Threads - Unknown file system

2. unknown files in my system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unknown files in my system: I cant find what files / programs occupies my system. Now, the system is almost full even though I havent save anything on it and I didnt do download much on the computer. I use this machine for emails and browsing only so it should not occupy the storage much....
  3. unknown files in my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown files in my system: I cant find what files / programs occupies my system. Now, the system is almost full even though I havent save anything on it and I didnt do download much on the computer. I use this machine for emails and browsing only so it should not occupy the storage much....
  4. unknown files in my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...: I was running window 7 on a 500 Gig hard drive with 2 partitions. the computer suddenly stopped booting and tried to install win 10 using USB, but something when wrong,...
  6. Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...: I was running window 7 on a 500 Gig hard drive with 2 partitions. the computer suddenly stopped booting and tried to install win 10 using USB, but something when wrong,...
  7. "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers: I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver. It stopped working with what seems to be driver issues. When it's first plugged in, device manager sees it as an "Unknown Device" with status: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible...
  8. Unknown file system grub rescue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown file system grub rescue: Hi, I have the same error as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-unknown-file-system-grub-rescue/f796ef11-6edf-4593-98bc-e55fd2517e9c But the resolution steps did not help. I have a dual-boot system win10 + ubuntu. When I tried the...
  9. Unknown Partition - Unknown File System - Cannot edit or remove!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Partition - Unknown File System - Cannot edit or remove!: I was in the process of updating several sata controllers and chipset drivers. I also installed a new USB 3.0 hub and was in the process of moving around several devices between ports. I had a problem with my keyboard which uses USB 2.0 as a connector but I would recieve a...
  10. Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files: I've had this issue on every Windows 7 and onwards PC I've owned and it's the dreaded "unknown" space being used that gets bigger and bigger until it becomes noticeable. The issue is this time is it doesn't seem like the easy delete the system restore files option within...