Windows 10: Unknown file system grub rescue

Discus and support Unknown file system grub rescue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have the same error as described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MilenaBaldzhiyska, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Unknown file system grub rescue

Hi,

I have the same error as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...b-rescue/f796ef11-6edf-4593-98bc-e55fd2517e9c

But the resolution steps did not help.

I have a dual-boot system win10 + ubuntu.

When I tried the repair procedure I got "windows cannot fix your issue" with two options - troubleshoot again which doesn't do anything different or shut down.

I'm unable to do anything from here.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

BR,

Milena

:)

MilenaBaldzhiyska, Mar 4, 2020
  2. vat_783 Win User

Unknown File System - Grub Rescue on BootUp

I recently deleted my Linux partition on my HP Pavilion g6 laptop.

Next, I restarted my computer and the error message I get is unknown filesystem, and it shows a grub rescue command.

I tried going in BIOS and doing a system recovery but even with that it gives me unknown filesystem grub rescue error.

I also tried in grub rescue listing all the hd0,msdos# number, and all of them when i try to do /boot came up with unknown file system.

I do not have a backup of my windows 10 recovery CD or anything as such. I was able to download a ISO file for my Windows 8.1, I downloaded it on a flash drive and tried to boot from there, but it gave me no OS found (which I believe might just be an issue
    of downloading the ISO file / not downloaded properly or something?)

Is there any other way to solve this issue? I have looked at several online forms and they all were talking about recovery disk, which I don't have, and hence looking for another option? If there is any?

vat_783, Mar 4, 2020
  3. 'RickT Win User
    'RickT, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Emanu81 Win User

Unknown file system grub rescue

Error unknown file system grub rescue

After updating to Windows 10 it was fine but today when I turn on my laptop it says error: Unknown file system

grub rescue>

i look on line to find a solution but it dose not work . When I put ls it gives me (hd0,gpt8) all the way to (hd0,gpt1) I'm lost and want to get my laptop back . I don't have a disk cause my laptop did not come with one because I would do my updates or reinstall
    Windows on line . Can any one help

Emanu81, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Unknown file system grub rescue

1. Unknown file system grub rescue - Similar Threads - Unknown file system

2. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  3. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  4. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grub Rescue: Eh, Another issues i have, Is grub rescue I have a CD disk with windows and when boot it in it gets stuck at 20 now before it was 13 can someone help me. I use a acer e5-571 I tried using a USB but it takes me back to grub....
  5. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grub Rescue: Eh, Another issues i have, Is grub rescue I have a CD disk with windows and when boot it in it gets stuck at 20 now before it was 13 can someone help me. I use a acer e5-571 I tried using a USB but it takes me back to grub....
  6. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Grub rescue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grub rescue: I install kali linux 2020.2 dual boot with win10 but in the etap of install of Grub it say cannt install grub in dummy so i skip this etap and finish the installation of kali....put when i rebout my laptop i get this error :no such partition Grub rescue> So when i write:...
  8. Grub rescue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Grub rescue: [IMG]after this unable to go farward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue/2adc48a2-6601-4988-8e00-59c66e7b20d7
  9. grub rescue error

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue error: After adding Ubuntu along side my windows os I reboot to get "Grub Rescue Mode" errors. How to correct so I can boot to windows or DOS or something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-error/ee2707d3-feba-4a42-a0e9-4e8506c9a113
  10. grub rescue mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue mode: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-mode/5ba14728-0d5e-44c5-b2fb-3296080ec194

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Grub rescue unknown filesystem Windows 10