Windows 10: unknown files on C

Discus and support unknown files on C in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed today MANY files on C _PatchLink followed by numbers. Says a Cabinet file. What do I need to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryMatt, Jan 14, 2019.

1. MaryMatt Win User

unknown files on C

I noticed today MANY files on C _PatchLink followed by numbers. Says a Cabinet file. What do I need to do

:)

MaryMatt, Jan 14, 2019

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    unknown files on C 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    unknown files on C 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Guttboy Win User
    Trying to get more space on HDD...found UNKNOWN area?

Ok here is what it says....the <Unknown> area is on the C: root....no sub folder and it is 3.7 gig. I also have a pagefile.sys at 2.5 gig and a hiberfil.sys at 1 gig.

Any suggestions?????

Guttboy, Jan 14, 2019
  4. nuva Win User

unknown files on C

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin unknown files on C :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

Thema:

unknown files on C

1. unknown files on C - Similar Threads - unknown files

2. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  3. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  4. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  6. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  7. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

8. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  9. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  10. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a