Windows 10: Unknown Files with Strange Characters

Discus and support Unknown Files with Strange Characters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carly Puckett, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means?

Unknown Files with Strange Characters 59158e0c-a04c-4c4a-9b28-3b770fd4c4cb?upload=true.png

:)

Carly Puckett, Feb 10, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Photo file extension with strange characters

Hi Charlotte

Do you mean you do actually have the correct image file and also this file with the strange characters?

If so, that may be some type of Temporary file that is being created by Paint Shop Pro,usually those get deleted, once you close the application down . . .

DaveM121, Feb 10, 2020
  3. migranule Win User
    Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Unknown Files with Strange Characters

1. Unknown Files with Strange Characters - Similar Threads - Unknown Files Strange

2. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  3. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  4. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.: When I copy a file to the same location it is in, Windows automatically adds the word "copy עותק" to the end of the file name, which is great. But there is a strange phenomenon that at the beginning of the file name are added two unvisible characters.My windows version is...
  6. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.: When I copy a file to the same location it is in, Windows automatically adds the word "copy עותק" to the end of the file name, which is great. But there is a strange phenomenon that at the beginning of the file name are added two unvisible characters.My windows version is...
  7. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Photo file extension with strange characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo file extension with strange characters: After saving photos, image has multiple weird characters, and says 0 size. How can I get rid of this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've done scans and date reset, but did not help. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...