Windows 10: Unknown folder on desktop

Discus and support Unknown folder on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files? I checked this name on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ValerieFee, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Unknown folder on desktop

Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files?

I checked this name on the internet and it is of an actor and marketing director. I do not know him.

:)

ValerieFee, Apr 20, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Folder appears unknown

2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete.

Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc).

They also appear under software in device manager. What gives? I have Bitdefender AV. I cannot ID which folder they are under. Listed under "This PC"

Brad Gaylord, Apr 20, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Unknown folder on desktop

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Unknown folder on desktop

1. Unknown folder on desktop - Similar Threads - Unknown folder desktop

2. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Folders: Hello ! its me a Microsoft user.I have a issue in my system.Suddenly two unknown folders appear on my display .When I tried to delete them they disappear for some moment and when I refresh my display again They appear again.When I right click on them only three options were...
  3. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders: Hello ! its me a Microsoft user.I have a issue in my system.Suddenly two unknown folders appear on my display .When I tried to delete them they disappear for some moment and when I refresh my display again They appear again.When I right click on them only three options were...
  4. Unknown Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  6. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  7. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unknown Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Desktop folder: Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. Down under This PC/Desktop it does not appear. I find that I can place items in it, but when I right click there is no option to...
  9. An unknown folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An unknown folder: When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is F:\$Recycle.bin. I can see the deleted files and they have also $ sign in front of them. Would you please explain how to get rid of...
  10. UnKnown folders

in Windows 10 Support
    UnKnown folders: Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928