Windows 10: Unknown Folder

Discus and support Unknown Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Omar Hector1, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Unknown Folder

I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo I tried deleting it but it keeps me from doing itBecause it is running on my computerCan anyone help me to identify this folder?And help me kill all of the processes because it always run while in startupAlthough I set the settings to disable all apps running while in start up

:)

Omar Hector1, Jul 3, 2022

2. Folder appears unknown

2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete.

Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc).

They also appear under software in device manager. What gives? I have Bitdefender AV. I cannot ID which folder they are under. Listed under "This PC"

Brad Gaylord, Jul 3, 2022
  3. Guttboy Win User
    Trying to get more space on HDD...found UNKNOWN area?

Ok here is what it says....the <Unknown> area is on the C: root....no sub folder and it is 3.7 gig. I also have a pagefile.sys at 2.5 gig and a hiberfil.sys at 1 gig.

Any suggestions?????

Guttboy, Jul 3, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Unknown Folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Unknown Folder

1. Unknown Folder - Similar Threads - Unknown Folder

2. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  3. Unknown Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Folder: I was searching the program filesx86 folder to delete a programBecause the program uninstaller won't work, neither the control panel or the settings appBut I came across this fileGreenetworksKitemuI never installed this program before, and never saw it as a Windows ProcessSo...
  4. 3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.: How to determine if these apps are legitimate? I did not knowingly place them in that list.What is the Microsoft Recommended setting for all? Allow or Disallow?3 apps listed: wmplayer.exe - svchost.exe - DST.exeDesktop - Windows 10 - 21H1 - 19043.1415 - Edge - 96.0.1054.29...
  5. 3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.: How to determine if these apps are legitimate? I did not knowingly place them in that list.What is the Microsoft Recommended setting for all? Allow or Disallow?3 apps listed: wmplayer.exe - svchost.exe - DST.exeDesktop - Windows 10 - 21H1 - 19043.1415 - Edge - 96.0.1054.29...
  6. 3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unknown file in my OneDrive folder - Am I hacked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown file in my OneDrive folder - Am I hacked?: Hello,Today I noticed a suspicious file in my OneDrive folder. Suspicious thing is that the file is named in chinese. I don't have any chinese friends. -- This is the file name. Funny thing is I cant delete the file. is someone hacking me? :D...
  8. For some unknown reason when I open a picture folder I see only blue icons. How do I change...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For some unknown reason when I open a picture folder I see only blue icons. How do I change...: Recently, for no known reason, the pictures in my folders changed into blue icons.How do I change them back to pictures, please. The blue icons are very inconvenient. I have searched through all of the settings and can not find anything that helps....
  9. Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders: A short recap of what led me up to posting for help: My laptop has been increasingly growing slower and even after 3 clean re-installs of Windows, within a day or 2 each time it returns to the same slow state and the storage close to being full. I ran Malwarebytes scans, ADW...
  10. Unknown Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Desktop folder: Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. Down under This PC/Desktop it does not appear. I find that I can place items in it, but when I right click there is no option to...