Windows 10: Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them

Discus and support Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SP_Goraya [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SP_Goraya, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them

/u/SP_Goraya, Jul 5, 2020
  2. AbhiKr Win User

Some unknown icons gets automatically created

Some unknown icons gets automatically created on the desktop, one of driver updater and another of Crossout MMO game. They are actually links which opens the browser. After deleting these icons they come back after almost 15 to 20 mins, only if connected
    to internet. After clicking, it opens link

http://ams.apypx.com/redir/d57886e1-7ee6-04ff-d98e-016387546cad

http://ams.apypxl.com/redir/34787c75-7ee6-04ff-e128-016387551eb3

I am using just windows defender, which shows notification "Threats Found" and when i click on it, it shows one threat and then i remove it and everything seems to work well but the same notification is back once again after sometime with some different threat.

Threat is something like Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock with different names in place of tiggre!plock.

I tried offline scan but it did not found anything.

AbhiKr, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them

1. Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them - Similar Threads - Unknown folders created

2. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 OS. I am able to see some of the unknown folders with some characters.If I open it, nothing is there in that folder.I am not able to Delete that folder.What is the root cause of the issue and how to delete the folder.Your immediate response &...
  3. Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted: A txt file called "site" is getting created even after i delete the file in question. The txt file is empty and contains nothing, is this the sign of a virus? I have used Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and they have not flagged anything as malicious. Is this a serious...
  4. Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted: A txt file called "site" is getting created even after i delete the file in question. The txt file is empty and contains nothing, is this the sign of a virus? I have used Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and they have not flagged anything as malicious. Is this a serious...
  5. Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Site.txt file automatically getting created, it keeps on generating even after deleting it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Site.txt file automatically getting created, it keeps on generating even after deleting it...: I am facing this issue from a while now, an empty file name site.txt gets automatically created even after deleting it again and again, anyone can help me out on why this occurs or how to prevent this. Also if this is something serious how to confirm if its a threat....
  7. Site.txt file automatically getting created, it keeps on generating even after deleting it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site.txt file automatically getting created, it keeps on generating even after deleting it...: I am facing this issue from a while now, an empty file name site.txt gets automatically created even after deleting it again and again, anyone can help me out on why this occurs or how to prevent this. Also if this is something serious how to confirm if its a threat....
  8. Site.txt file automatically getting created, it keeps on generating even after deleting it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. %temp% folder stores about 1GB in just a day after deleting them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder stores about 1GB in just a day after deleting them: I have deleted all files inside %temp% folder. The next day when I went to delete the files again from %temp% folder then it has more than 1GB of data inside. This means, in just a day, about 1GB of files are being stored there. I have no problem deleting them again and...
  10. Specific folders keep getting automatically compressed even after I decompress them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specific folders keep getting automatically compressed even after I decompress them: I noticed a few days ago that the "two blue arrows" appeared on all the icons on my desktop, which I found out stand for NTFS compressed files. I then checked the whole C drive and noticed that a few folders, namely "Documents", "Desktop" and "AppData" (all in my user's...