Windows 10: Unknown folders in Windows/Temp

Discus and support Unknown folders in Windows/Temp in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know what are those empty folders in Windows/Temp, if and how can stop it? [img] They came on 1809 upgrade (same on clean install),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HeM, Oct 6, 2018.

1. HEM
    HeM Win User

Unknown folders in Windows/Temp

Hi,

Does anyone know what are those empty folders in Windows/Temp, if and how can stop it?

Unknown folders in Windows/Temp [​IMG]

They came on 1809 upgrade (same on clean install), usually after about 20min. of every restart.

Unknown folders in Windows/Temp [​IMG]

This is what I see (in Event Viewer), always at the time of folders appearance.
    Disabling "Use sign-in info to automatically...." in Account settings > Sign-in options, does not help.

THX!

:)

2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Oct 6, 2018
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Unknown folders in Windows/Temp

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Unknown folders in Windows/Temp

1. Unknown folders in Windows/Temp - Similar Threads - Unknown folders Temp

2. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  3. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  4. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  6. Unknown folders in temp

Unknown folders in temp: So basically i was checking temp folder when i found those. Does anyone know what are those, why are they created and if I can delete them ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-folders-in-temp/ea5fa398-138d-42dd-9756-049ede1098bf
  7. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  8. %temp% folder

%temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  9. Unknown folders in Win Temp

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown folders in Win Temp: Hi, Does anyone know what are those empty folders in Windows/Temp, if and how can stop it? [img] They come on 1809 upgrade (same on clean install), usually after about 20min. of every restart. [img] This is what I see (in Event Viewer), always at the time of folders...
  10. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679