Windows 10: unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives

Discus and support unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 folders per each hard drive, with different names containing several types of files, .doc, .jpg, .xls Example: Folder Vuse256 contains this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by luciolibanio, Mar 26, 2017.

1. unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives

I have 2 folders per each hard drive, with different names containing several types of files, .doc, .jpg, .xls Example: Folder Vuse256 contains this:
    unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives [​IMG]

All files are inoperative.Karspersky finds nothing. Apparently the computer behaves normally.
    Whats this?

:)

luciolibanio, Mar 26, 2017

2. For some reason, some of the folders within that drive have 'Unknown Users'.

Original title: Delete Unknown User?

My PC has a second hard drive for file storage. For some reason, some of the folders within that drive have 'Unknown Users' as shown in image...

unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives [​IMG]

I'm trying to troubleshoot another problem with permissions (a few bits of software have trouble actioning anything on the O: drive) and just want all uncertainties removed - can I remove these unknown users, if so, how? Why are they there?!

Dongledell, Mar 26, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    flash drive

you might open command prompt and view the folders in that flash drive, assuming you know the flash drive's Letter and change F below to its drive Letter;

dir F:\ this will list all the folders<dir> foldername

Then you can delete a folder to make some room after copying that folder to your hard drive, might use a command like

MKdir c:\temp this will make a temp folder on your C drive

xcopy F:\foldername c:\temp this will move the folder to c:\temp , look & verify before you delete the folder contents on your flash drive;

DEL F:\foldername

'Mike P, Mar 26, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives

Hi luciolibanio and welcome to Ten forums

Did you install any anti-ransomware program?

AndreTen, Mar 26, 2017
  5. Hi. Thanks for your reply.
    As a matter of fact, I did.
    And didn't occur to me that those folders could have been generated by it.

luciolibanio, Mar 27, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Could be. Depends of which anti ransomware you installed. Files and folder are like honey pot for possible infection and are monitored by program. This relates to RansomFree by Cybereason.

AndreTen, Mar 27, 2017
  7. Yes, that's the one I've installed.
    Thanks again

luciolibanio, Mar 27, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

*Thumbs So, let those folder be there... Good job to mark thread as solved *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. unknown folders reapearing after deletion, in all hard drives - Similar Threads - unknown folders reapearing

2. D:\ Drive Dissapears And Reapears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\ Drive Dissapears And Reapears: Windows seems to want to try and resolve the problem but just got stuck on an infinite loop--It restarts. Tries to solve the issue then stops the scan midway and opens windows like normal-- Then prompts me to do it all over again. Without really doing much the drive just...
  3. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  4. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  5. Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder: Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder My onedrive folder is synced on my hard drive. I can delete folders & files from the web but the files are neither automatically deleted--synchronized--with my hard drive nor can I manually delete them from the...
  6. Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk: my hard drive changed to raw, and now do not look in windows! In the data manager, I can see that it exists. unknown disk no initiated! I can not format it and can not change partition or do anything else? I have tried many programs, mini tools two but it's coming nowhere! is...
  7. Hard drive unknown, not initialized

Hard drive unknown, not initialized: Yesterday while using my computer my secondary drive / storage drive disappeared. I can see it in Disk Management, but I tried to use MiniTool, but it cannot see the drive. I have attached a screen shot for more info. Is it KIA or recoverable long enough to save a couple...
  8. USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised

USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised: Hi I have a 1TB external USB hard drive, it is not showing up in 'my computer' the light on the hard drive is constantly flashing and randomly beeps and clicks when first plugged in, I have never heard this until today.. I have tried it on two laptops, windows 7 and windows...
  9. Unknown folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folder cannot be deleted: Hi, On my win 10 install I noticed a folder called Network/GX620-5TXZCB1. When I click on it a small window pops up asking me for network credentials. I don't know what this is and I cannot delete it. Can someone help/ Thanks, Ed 57826
  10. deleted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleted hard drive: I was at first delighted to be offered the win 10 download but like many I hate it, I downloaded it to three machines two on win 7 one running win 8.1, the laptop with 8.1 was the first to suffer having its hard drive wiped after a win 10 update, then my pc that was on win 7...