Windows 10: UnKnown folders

Discus and support UnKnown folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015.

1. UnKnown folders

Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ?

Thanks

UnKnown folders [​IMG]

:)

mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015
  2. mathewaj Win User

Unknown folder

It contains two folders, 'products'and'countries'.Both the folders contain hidden files.

mathewaj, Sep 16, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    Unknown folder

Whats the content of the Folder ???

farby, Sep 16, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

UnKnown folders

Most probably yes, usual MS folders, do not delete. Run Disk cleanup and AV/ malware scans to make sure.

CountMike, Sep 16, 2015
  5. OK thanks, i will just ignore and go about my days....

mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Those are usually left over from MS Updates, they should auto delete, but sometimes they get left. Mainly, if the folders are there and you know your latest updates have all been installed, you can delete those. Sometimes they are protected, I use Unlocker to delete em. You can get Unlocker from Major Geeks, or FileHippo. If you install it, be careful to use the advanced install and uncheck the "Delta Toolbar".

After it is installed, it shows up in the Context Menu, just right click on the folder to delete and there will be a wand-shaped icon, choose that, and usually you can choose "Delete" from the box that says "No Action" then press OK. Sometimes a larger window will show listing process that are using that folder or items in the folder, it's the same thing, Drop "No Action" down to "Delete" and press "Unlock All" from the choices on the other side. Then it will delete the whole thing.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

UnKnown folders

1. UnKnown folders - Similar Threads - UnKnown folders

2. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  3. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  4. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?: Windows Media Player does not show my artists and albums anymore. There are 2 folders. One is called "Unknown" with over 4000 songs, but they won't show when I open the folder. Playlists with songs listed, still come up in the 'play' field I have tried 'manage libraries' and...
  6. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?: Windows Media Player does not show my artists and albums anymore. There are 2 folders. One is called "Unknown" with over 4000 songs, but they won't show when I open the folder. Playlists with songs listed, still come up in the 'play' field I have tried 'manage libraries' and...
  7. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

8. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...: I'd just found random selfie of some girl in my %temp% folder.....can this be dangerous.....i have never seen this person....what should i do?...
  9. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...: I'd just found random selfie of some girl in my %temp% folder.....can this be dangerous.....i have never seen this person....what should i do?...
  10. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msixvc how do delte