Windows 10: UnKnown folders

Discus and support UnKnown folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015.

1. UnKnown folders

Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ?

Thanks

UnKnown folders [​IMG]

:)

mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015
  2. mathewaj Win User

Unknown folder

It contains two folders, 'products'and'countries'.Both the folders contain hidden files.

mathewaj, Sep 16, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    Unknown folder

Whats the content of the Folder ???

farby, Sep 16, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

UnKnown folders

Most probably yes, usual MS folders, do not delete. Run Disk cleanup and AV/ malware scans to make sure.

CountMike, Sep 16, 2015
  5. OK thanks, i will just ignore and go about my days....

mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Those are usually left over from MS Updates, they should auto delete, but sometimes they get left. Mainly, if the folders are there and you know your latest updates have all been installed, you can delete those. Sometimes they are protected, I use Unlocker to delete em. You can get Unlocker from Major Geeks, or FileHippo. If you install it, be careful to use the advanced install and uncheck the "Delta Toolbar".

After it is installed, it shows up in the Context Menu, just right click on the folder to delete and there will be a wand-shaped icon, choose that, and usually you can choose "Delete" from the box that says "No Action" then press OK. Sometimes a larger window will show listing process that are using that folder or items in the folder, it's the same thing, Drop "No Action" down to "Delete" and press "Unlock All" from the choices on the other side. Then it will delete the whole thing.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

UnKnown folders

1. UnKnown folders - Similar Threads - UnKnown folders

2. Unknown file in my OneDrive folder - Am I hacked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown file in my OneDrive folder - Am I hacked?: Hello,Today I noticed a suspicious file in my OneDrive folder. Suspicious thing is that the file is named in chinese. I don't have any chinese friends. -- This is the file name. Funny thing is I cant delete the file. is someone hacking me? :D...
  3. For some unknown reason when I open a picture folder I see only blue icons. How do I change...

For some unknown reason when I open a picture folder I see only blue icons. How do I change...: Recently, for no known reason, the pictures in my folders changed into blue icons.How do I change them back to pictures, please. The blue icons are very inconvenient. I have searched through all of the settings and can not find anything that helps....
  4. Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders: A short recap of what led me up to posting for help: My laptop has been increasingly growing slower and even after 3 clean re-installs of Windows, within a day or 2 each time it returns to the same slow state and the storage close to being full. I ran Malwarebytes scans, ADW...
  5. Unknown Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Desktop folder: Windows 10 version 20H2 When I open explorer, the highlighted folder appears under the Quick access. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. Down under This PC/Desktop it does not appear. I find that I can place items in it, but when I right click there is no option to...
  6. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  7. Unknown folder says that it's in use so I can't delete it

Unknown folder says that it's in use so I can't delete it: There was a folder on my PC I did a full reset so it's gone now but I remember it had ROG in the title and I think it also had a little windows shield symbol at the bottom corner of the folder but I didn't know why it was on my computer so I tried to delete it and it said...
  8. Unknown folder containing a string of letters and numbers as the folder name.

Unknown folder containing a string of letters and numbers as the folder name.: I've been pondering of this file that appeared within the local disk area, it's name is a very strange mix of letters and numbers which makes no sense to me at all. Within the file, is a bunch of Eula files that I, even as an administrator, cannot open. Once I've scouted for...
  9. Unknown folders in temp

Unknown folders in temp: So basically i was checking temp folder when i found those. Does anyone know what are those, why are they created and if I can delete them ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-folders-in-temp/ea5fa398-138d-42dd-9756-049ede1098bf
  10. Unknown file in Users Folder

Unknown file in Users Folder: From a past few days, I have noticed a new file with my user name being created in the Users folder. And every time I turn on my PC, this file gets opened by default. Is this something I should be worried about? Down Below, I have posted the screenshot of the contents of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msixvc how do delte