Windows 10: UnKnown folders

Discus and support UnKnown folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ? Thanks [img] 22928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015.

1. UnKnown folders

Hello all, can someone please tell me if these folders are important and why did MS make them ?

Thanks

UnKnown folders [​IMG]

:)

mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015
  2. mathewaj Win User

Unknown folder

It contains two folders, 'products'and'countries'.Both the folders contain hidden files.

mathewaj, Sep 16, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    Unknown folder

Whats the content of the Folder ???

farby, Sep 16, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

UnKnown folders

Most probably yes, usual MS folders, do not delete. Run Disk cleanup and AV/ malware scans to make sure.

CountMike, Sep 16, 2015
  5. OK thanks, i will just ignore and go about my days....

mraamohamed, Sep 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Those are usually left over from MS Updates, they should auto delete, but sometimes they get left. Mainly, if the folders are there and you know your latest updates have all been installed, you can delete those. Sometimes they are protected, I use Unlocker to delete em. You can get Unlocker from Major Geeks, or FileHippo. If you install it, be careful to use the advanced install and uncheck the "Delta Toolbar".

After it is installed, it shows up in the Context Menu, just right click on the folder to delete and there will be a wand-shaped icon, choose that, and usually you can choose "Delete" from the box that says "No Action" then press OK. Sometimes a larger window will show listing process that are using that folder or items in the folder, it's the same thing, Drop "No Action" down to "Delete" and press "Unlock All" from the choices on the other side. Then it will delete the whole thing.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

UnKnown folders

1. UnKnown folders - Similar Threads - UnKnown folders

2. Unknown folders in temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folders in temp: So basically i was checking temp folder when i found those. Does anyone know what are those, why are they created and if I can delete them ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-folders-in-temp/ea5fa398-138d-42dd-9756-049ede1098bf
  3. Unknown file in Users Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown file in Users Folder: From a past few days, I have noticed a new file with my user name being created in the Users folder. And every time I turn on my PC, this file gets opened by default. Is this something I should be worried about? Down Below, I have posted the screenshot of the contents of...
  4. Unknown File In User Folder

Unknown File In User Folder: I recently opened my users folder C:\Users and found that I have this file that wasn't there before that partialy has my user name on it. say my user name is 'albert von cooker', and the file is named 'albert' the file type is just 'file'. Is this a virus or is this normal?...
  5. Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown folders get created automatically after some days even after deleting them: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SP_Goraya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlk7gq/unknown_folders_get_created_automatically_after/
  6. Unknown and persistant folders in C:\ drive

Unknown and persistant folders in C:\ drive: Hi. There are two unknown folders to me on my C:\ drive. When I tried to delete them, Cybereason RansomFree indicates that they contain a ransom malware see below. It deletes them and tells me it inoculated the issue. Birdefender tells me it blocked a Web Threat with the...
  7. Unknown folder on desktop

Unknown folder on desktop: Why does an unknown folder filled with unopenable files keep showing up on my desktop with the name Roy Rogers Oldenkamp files? I checked this name on the internet and it is of an actor and marketing director. I do not know him....
  8. Unknown Folder and File in Win 10

Unknown Folder and File in Win 10: Is There any py Folder inside C Drive windows folder Windows 10 ? i Found it is Present there and some file are available and when i Scan it by Antivirus One Thread Found which file name was Raw.py what was that and Now Rest of Folder py in also there there So Please py...
  9. An unknown folder

An unknown folder: When I delete some of my pdf files from my external disk, they continue to appear in a folder. Drive's partition is F: and folder's path is F:\$Recycle.bin. I can see the deleted files and they have also $ sign in front of them. Would you please explain how to get rid of...
  10. Unknown device connect to my network folder?

Unknown device connect to my network folder?: So I have phone with the name Cheetah oversea p1 that shows up in my network folder on my home network. I googled the device type and it showed up as a GLOBAL4KN made by AllWinner, which I have never heard of. I think it might be steaming box of some sort or something along...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msixvc how do delte