Windows 10: Unknown freezes

Discus and support Unknown freezes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've only noticed this issue within the last month, although I'm not certain how long it's been affecting my devices. I keep getting random 2-10 second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DeathSpiral101, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Unknown freezes

I've only noticed this issue within the last month, although I'm not certain how long it's been affecting my devices. I keep getting random 2-10 second freezes every 2-5 minutes and I can't figure out why.

These are the things I've looked out for and tried fixing:

WiFi - I've tried using an ethernet cable and 3 different networks but this problem still persists.

Device - I've been experiencing this issue on both my laptop and my PC.

I've had expanded task manager open while the freezes happen and nothing gets above around 80% usage disk, memory, CPU, or network

I've tried closing everything except one application discord and the freezes still occur.

If there's anything out that I could try, or if anyone else has had a similar issue, I could really use some help trying to fix this.

:)

DeathSpiral101, Feb 23, 2020

2. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Unknown freezes

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Unknown freezes

1. Unknown freezes - Similar Threads - Unknown freezes

2. Bad Performance and unknown program pop up Hello,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Performance and unknown program pop up Hello,: Hello, I have an i9 10900K processor with 32 Gb of ram and Rtx2060 but i am with very slow performance issues in windows, when working even my windows explorer crashes, when this happens sometimes a screen pop up apears and disappears, I managed to take a screen shot but dont...
  3. PC Freezes, unknown cause, how to find what the culprit is on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes, unknown cause, how to find what the culprit is on Windows 10?: I have tried many fixes recommended to me through searching "how to stop freezing." I don't need a fix at this point, I would just like to know how to identify the underlying cause of these freezes, like in an error log. I've tried using event viewer but am still unsure which...
  4. PC Freezes, unknown cause, how to find what the culprit is on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes, unknown cause, how to find what the culprit is on Windows 10?: I have tried many fixes recommended to me through searching "how to stop freezing." I don't need a fix at this point, I would just like to know how to identify the underlying cause of these freezes, like in an error log. I've tried using event viewer but am still unsure which...
  5. PC Freezes, unknown cause, how to find what the culprit is on Windows 10?

6. PC freezes for unknown reasons

PC freezes for unknown reasons: Hi all,Lately I've been experiencing freezes while gaming. It happened with CSGO and GTA V so far. Tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. It mainly happens when I alt+tab, although sometimes it also freezes while doing other things. When it happens I'm usually on a voice...
  7. PC freezes for unknown reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for unknown reasons: Hi all,Lately I've been experiencing freezes while gaming. It happened with CSGO and GTA V so far. Tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. It mainly happens when I alt+tab, although sometimes it also freezes while doing other things. When it happens I'm usually on a voice...
  8. PC freezes for unknown reasons

9. My PC keeps freezing for an unknown reason.

My PC keeps freezing for an unknown reason.: Hi folks.I reinstalled Windows 10 Home not long ago after downloading it directly from Microsoft. The programs I've installed since are just ones that I had installed before and didn't cause any freezing or other problems. For the past week though my PC keeps freezing and I...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes, cause unknown

Windows 10 Freezes, cause unknown: Hello, I have been struggling with constant freezes of my PC for some time now. Since this happens mostly when i am playing some YouTube video i figured it might have to do something with graphics card, however the same card has no problems running demanding games on high...