Windows 10: Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable

Discus and support Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On sunday my laptop was fine I was visiting family. Came home and turned on my laptop monday night it was very slow and when my laptop finally loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RebeccaR2018, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable

On sunday my laptop was fine I was visiting family. Came home and turned on my laptop monday night it was very slow and when my laptop finally loaded it had an error about unavailable location and unknown hard error. I also cant contect my wifi adapter to this laptop and the network will not connect. My screen is black with only the recycling bin icon and the toolbar on the bottom does not open anything. Ive disable some things in the task manager like realtek audio which some people had issues with and restarted tons of times. I cant click on the start button so everything has to be done through some sort of back way. Ive tried to update driver but I have no internet connection. Working off of windows 10 for a while now. Didnt download anything on sunday or make any changes.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

:)

RebeccaR2018, Jul 10, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

New Setup -Unknown Hard Error

Hi Parren, Usually, the System Warning: Unknown Hard Error is triggered by corrupted system’s files or registry entries . ..

At the top of that error dialog there should be a process or dll listed in the dialog header - what is listed there?

DaveM121, Jul 10, 2018
  3. sdpate Win User
    Cortana / Search are not working - Selected Locations (unavailable)

When did this issue start? - I don't know

Are you getting any error messages when performing the action? - no but it is not searching my hard drives

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? - ran the Search troubleshooter

Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue? - not that I know

Why does it say the drives are unavailable when ticked?

sdpate, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable

DDE Server Window: explorer.exe - System Warning: Unknown Hard Error

Hi Samar,

The Unknown Hard Error is usually caused by corrupted or incorrectly configured system files, registry error due to a recent software change or a malware infection. Regarding this issue with the error message, we’d like to know if
    you’re getting it also with your Windows Explorer.

Also, we’d like to confirm the result after making some changes on the registry keys and if you already tried the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread.

We hope to hear from you soon

Louie Del, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable

1. Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable - Similar Threads - Unknown Hard Error

2. Sihost.exe Unknown Hard Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sihost.exe Unknown Hard Error: My friend has meet this error when he try to login to his pc. He tried many solutions from other forum post but it didnt work. Are there have any solutions to fix this problem?...
  3. Unknown hard error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown hard error: Hi, My laptop had been perfectly fine all day yesterday, but when I went to watch TV on it in the evening the screen suddenly went all blue and it started coming up with “Unknown hard error”. I tried a couple of suggested solutions like pressing Windows + R (suggested by...
  4. Location is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location is unavailable: When I try to open something I get this "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Thing i'm opening' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is unavailable, and then try again". I'm not sure what made this...
  5. fix unknown hard error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fix unknown hard error: How can I fix unknown hard error? Failed windows 10 update,error 0x80070057 getting black screen, mouse cursor only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-unknown-hard-error/78e571d8-28a2-40ca-9e5e-85a37fc80a66
  6. Unknown hard error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown hard error: Hello Today (7/12/2018) 12:45 am i finish update of my laptop, as it is auto update everytime. As it asked for a reatart option i clicked later to restart . After my study time i restated it and the laptop was not working properly after that. I had arranged my icond and...
  7. Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown Hard Error: Unknown Hard Error crashes cam program Tried trouble shooter no luck Tried msconfig no start up items no luck ran cam program crashed anyway with no start up items updater trouble shooter says update are there and fixed but doesn't load any...
  8. Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Hard Error and Location Unavailable: On sunday my laptop was fine I was visiting family. Came home and turned on my laptop monday night it was very slow and when my laptop finally loaded it had an error about unavailable location and unknown hard error. I also cant contect my wifi adapter to this laptop and the...
  9. Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Hard Error: Hi All, I have been trying to resolve various issues with W10 (see other posts) and have been trying to use Safe mode to rule out possible configuration abnormalities. However, on both of my test machines, I get an error dialog titled: explorer.exe - System Warning...
  10. location is unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    location is unavailable: hi. so everytime after i get a BSOD, or i do an emergency restart, or the pc gets turned off immediately, it gets this error message after booting: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessable. Access is denied." i have no clue what...