Windows 10: Unknown high pitched bell like sound that plays randomly

Discus and support Unknown high pitched bell like sound that plays randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's really annoying. i have checked and i dont think i am getting any notifications. I have also checked my c:/windows/media folder and it's not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hpingC, Sep 30, 2020.

1. hpingC Win User

Unknown high pitched bell like sound that plays randomly

It's really annoying. i have checked and i dont think i am getting any notifications. I have also checked my c:/windows/media folder and it's not in there. disabling notification also doesnt work. The sound is like a chiming ding sound. It's really hard to describe, but thats the closest i can think of.

:)

hpingC, Sep 30, 2020
  2. lightly Win User

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

I not sure what you mean, but the high-pitched ringing is not a sound designed for Windows. It's like there's a problem with the driver or whatever. It's constantly ringing whenever sound is not being played. Most of the time the ringing is barely audible, but it's still constantly there. It's tough to describe the sound, but it's in the 4000-6000 Hertz range like in this video but much softer and quieter . It keeps varying each time too. It'll be barely audible, then a notification goes off, then it changes and becomes very audible and stays like that until another sound is played then changes again. It's very bizarre

lightly, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Jacee Win User

In your system settings, go into system sounds and see which might be set and turn them off.
    Unknown high pitched bell like sound that plays randomly [​IMG]

Jacee, Sep 30, 2020
  4. lightly Win User

I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have laptop that, for some reason, plays high-pitched ringing after a sound is played (like a video or notification) and the ringing won't stop until another sound is played. The ringing doesn't happen when a sound is played, just after. This only occurs when I use the audio jack, so I've been using a USB-to-audio jack adaptor for the past few months to escape the ringing. The ringing varies in tone, but it's always high-pitched. Here's a crude example *Huh

eeeeeeeeeee *notification sound* EEEEEEEEEEEE *music plays* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *silent moment in a movie* EEEEEEEEEEEE

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Again, it's just the audio jack. If I use an adapter to use my headphones, there's no ringing. The drivers are all up to date. The audio driver is the Synaptics Audio from Microsoft (version 10.0.18362.1). There's also a program called SmartAudio 3 installed

Laptop: Acer Swift SF514-54T
    Windows 10 Version 1909

lightly, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown high pitched bell like sound that plays randomly - Similar Threads - Unknown high pitched

2. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  3. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  4. Constant High-Pitch, Alert-like Sound Playing From PC Even When Sound Devices Are Muted And...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant High-Pitch, Alert-like Sound Playing From PC Even When Sound Devices Are Muted And...: Hi,For the past several months, I've been experiencing my PC randomly emitting this high-pitch, alert-like sound from my monitor's speakers even after I mute and disable all sound devices. It would only stop when I shut down my PC. At first, it would only happen once or twice...
  5. Constant High-Pitch, Alert-like Sound Playing From PC Even When Sound Devices Are Muted And...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant High-Pitch, Alert-like Sound Playing From PC Even When Sound Devices Are Muted And...: Hi,For the past several months, I've been experiencing my PC randomly emitting this high-pitch, alert-like sound from my monitor's speakers even after I mute and disable all sound devices. It would only stop when I shut down my PC. At first, it would only happen once or twice...
  6. Constant High-Pitch, Alert-like Sound Playing From PC Even When Sound Devices Are Muted And...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...: So, Today I plug in my Headsets like what I did every day for a year and today is where things starting to get weird, the audio was Radio high pitchI'm not sure if that's the correct way to explain my problemand I've tried to plug it in/out several times now and it's still...
  8. System sounds randomly high pitched

System sounds randomly high pitched: Today when i turned on my pc, i noticed that all of the sounds were randomly high pitched, i tried troubleshooting and even wiping my hard drives clean but it still dosent go back to normalMy specs are:RYZEN 5 3600KNVIDIA 1660 SUPERASUS TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II16 GB RAM2...
  9. High Pitched Squeal When Playing Back Sound

High Pitched Squeal When Playing Back Sound: Getting a high-pitched squeal when playing back audio recorded from a USB microphone. It appears in Skype and Voice Recorder. Thought is was the headphones but it's there when playing back through pc speakers too....
  10. Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played: I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have laptop that, for some reason, plays high-pitched ringing after a sound is played (like a video or notification) and the ringing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What is the reason my PC hear bell sound when i open it?