Windows 10: Unknown how Random setting and app changes

Discus and support Unknown how Random setting and app changes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ive got something installed on my computer that is filling up task manager and making changes to permissinons and confusing the hell outta me. What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Blkfrmwstdwn, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Unknown how Random setting and app changes

Ive got something installed on my computer that is filling up task manager and making changes to permissinons and confusing the hell outta me. What can i do? I believe its something to do with realtech audio or skype because these apps keep showing up even after i disable or uninstall them. lots of strange named services running

RpcSs Power BrokerIfastructure System events broker dcom launch RPCEP mapper LSM app ID SVC

:)

Blkfrmwstdwn, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Random pictures and Unknown Users

Hi everyone,

I've had a look around this and other forums for an answer to this question, but being a very non-tech savvy individual, I haven't really been able to find an answer that both 1) I understand 2) applies specifically to my situation. Basically I was using
    file explorer earlier and searched My PC for all jpg files on my computer and I was alarmed to see a whole bunch of pictures that were clearly not downloaded by me. Nothing scandalous or anything, but clearly nothing I would have downloaded. I went through
    and right clicked on the pictures and went to properties, and looked under 'security,' and while some of the unknown pictures just had the normal cluster of 'system,' myself, and administrator in the Groups or Username Box, some of the other unknown pictures
    said, ominously, "Unknown User S-1-15-2....."

Have I been hacked? It seems really odd that some stranger would go uploading random images to my computer. A few additional details:

The unknown photos that did not have the 'Unknown Account' listed under security all seemed to be generated in the past few days, without my knowledge, and those that did list the unknown account in the security tab all began with the word 'apps' followed
    by a dot and a seemingly infinite string of numbers. I did recently update my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 10, so I'm wondering if that could have something to do with it? I believe I read somewhere that the Unknown User issue can be caused by
    changing versions of Windows, but that still doesn't seem to explain the other random photos on my computer...

Any advice would be appreciated, as I'm starting to get a bit paranoid about this.

Thanks!

bipolarbear25, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Unknown how Random setting and app changes

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Unknown how Random setting and app changes

1. Unknown how Random setting and app changes - Similar Threads - Unknown Random setting

2. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I've been experiencing an issue with my Philips monitor where the SmartImage feature unpredictably switches to "Racing" mode on its own. Despite manually disabling this setting, it often reactivates itself multiple times until it finally remains off, only to recur upon...
  3. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor settings randomly change: I've been experiencing an issue with my Philips monitor where the SmartImage feature unpredictably switches to "Racing" mode on its own. Despite manually disabling this setting, it often reactivates itself multiple times until it finally remains off, only to recur upon...
  4. Mouse settings changed randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings changed randomly: when i scroll it randomly changes to multiple lines at a time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings-changed-randomly/fdc60f7c-862a-4dbc-ba71-ea5826f33f59
  5. Mouse settings changed randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse settings changed randomly: when i scroll it randomly changes to multiple lines at a time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings-changed-randomly/fdc60f7c-862a-4dbc-ba71-ea5826f33f59
  6. Mouse settings changed randomly

7. Personalised settings changing randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalised settings changing randomly: Hi,As per other users out there in the community I have my Personalised settings are changing from what I had set.In specific I have changed the background image to a slide show and setup a folder with pictures. I have also set colour format to Dark.The changes are: - the...
  8. How to "change app recommendation settings"?

How to "change app recommendation settings"?: I don't use any MS Store apps and have long since used the usual file association methods to define other applications as default (e.g. foobar2000 for music and VLC for video). However, when I try to open a bunch of music files, Windows 10 only offers to open them in WMP....
  9. Display settings randomly changing

Display settings randomly changing: I use a laptop - Windows 10. Used in one of three ways. Stand alone, 50% of the time with a power cable attached. Or, connected to a monitor via HDMI, with a power cable. Monitor is latest on market. On occasion, to a projector, latest on market, via HDMI. When...
  10. how to change random setting to easy

how to change random setting to easy: My Spider game setting is on 'Random'. I want to change it to 'Easy'. My other games have the same problem, except Solitare. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-random-setting-to-easy/434ce02b-399e-49fc-bb93-ba9dae80ffe7