Windows 10: unknown icon in this pc

Discus and support unknown icon in this pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; good day to all, I updated to 1803 this morning. in this pc I have a new icon that was not there before the update. [img] it's the first icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vega, May 20, 2018.

1. vega Win User

unknown icon in this pc

good day to all,
    I updated to 1803 this morning. in this pc I have a new icon that was not there before the update.

unknown icon in this pc [​IMG]

it's the first icon in devices and drives. right click it and I get cut/createshortcut/delete. double click it and nothing happens. delete it and it comes back next time I open explorer.

anybody else see this? or have way to remove it?

thanks in advance

:)

2. Unknown devices connected to my pc

It is found under network connection, listed as unknown devices connected to my pc. After changing password to FiOS G1100 and also name of network connection I still found an unknown phone and a tablet showing under unknown devices connected to my pc.

Found by looking in "my pc", then "network".

Confused about connected device, May 20, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 20, 2018
Thema:

unknown icon in this pc

1. unknown icon in this pc - Similar Threads - unknown icon

2. Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??: What is this icon and where and why did it appear? It looks like a blue tongue and has the text "PRE" over it. What the f**k is this nonsense doing on my machine.... I didnt approve of any app installs on my machine, so where did this app come from? I feel like my PC was...
  3. Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown icon appeared in taskbar after update??: What is this icon and where and why did it appear? It looks like a blue tongue and has the text "PRE" over it. What the f**k is this nonsense doing on my machine.... I didnt approve of any app installs on my machine, so where did this app come from? I feel like my PC was...
  4. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available...": What could it be? I'm afraid it's some sort of virus / malware / etc. I haven't clicked it yet.Last week I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus, because my laptop sometimes pop up random unknown icon at my systray. But when I deep scan using Kaspersky, it detects no virus /...
  5. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available...": What could it be? I'm afraid it's some sort of virus / malware / etc. I haven't clicked it yet.Last week I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus, because my laptop sometimes pop up random unknown icon at my systray. But when I deep scan using Kaspersky, it detects no virus /...
  6. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unknown icons appear after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown icons appear after booting up: When I open my laptop an unknown Icon will show on task bar and quickly disappears. I see also an unknown device on my network and my old apple device that I didn't use. It seems someone is connect in my device. Please help....
  8. Unknown icons appear after booting up

Unknown icons appear after booting up: When I open my laptop an unknown Icon will show on task bar and quickly disappears. I see also an unknown device on my network and my old apple device that I didn't use. It seems someone is connect in my device. Please help....
  9. Unknown icons appear after booting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. On boot up unknown Icon appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On boot up unknown Icon appears: When I boot up my computer, it shows a unknown Icon on my task bar that quickly disappears. I see an unknown device connected in my network which is a Linux PC, an apple device I don't use anymore and a hiddent network. It seems that my laptop has someone connected with it ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 wake on lan