Windows 10: Unknown item Found on desktop

Discus and support Unknown item Found on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello ,I recently saw a new item on my desktop and i don't what is this and how they is on my pc this item is name as FixDotNet20210607065542756 please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manish khatri, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Unknown item Found on desktop

Hello ,I recently saw a new item on my desktop and i don't what is this and how they is on my pc this item is name as FixDotNet20210607065542756 please help me to understand what is this and when i open this item this contain some file i attached the screen short of a item and file please explain what is this and how to remove this from my pc.Thank you

:)

Manish khatri, Jun 17, 2021

2. Unknown item on desktop

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to restore the desktop settings and check.

• Type desktop on the Windows search bar and select
      Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • Now click on Restore default.
    If the issue still persist, I would recommend you to perform disk cleanup and check.
    Visit the below link to perform Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown item Found on desktop [​IMG]

putermaker, Jun 17, 2021
  4. ss2020 Win User

Unknown item Found on desktop

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Unknown item Found on desktop

1. Unknown item Found on desktop - Similar Threads - Unknown item Found

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  4. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown startup items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown startup items: Please help me removing these unknown startup items , I am confused about them . I think they are some type of malware or something else. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unknown-startup-items/7ef1ebce-26b7-4249-9705-03f9342f3e53
  6. Unknown threat found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown threat found: Hi everyone. I would very much appreciate it if you can help me. I use Bitdefender free edition as my antivirus and it has found a strange file on my pc and I cannot find anything about it on google. It’s name is pylaspcclife.exe and it’s path is C:\Windows...
  7. Item not found

Item not found: My pc got attacked by malware, i cleaned them using malwarebytes and Mcafee, after that i got problem in windows update error code 0x80080005 which was then solved by adding a new regisrty in it. But now i got a new problem like i couldn't copy, delete or move files from...
  8. Item Not Found

Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder. However every time I try to delete it I always get this pop-up: [ATTACH] I receive the same message when trying to move it. How can I get rid of this folder? Thanks for any help....
  9. Item not found, item no longer located in desktop

Item not found, item no longer located in desktop: Hi I was working on a Sibelius file last night and saved it to the desktop. This morning when I tried opening it, I kept getting met with the error "Item not found, item no longer located in C:users\***\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." If I look in...
  10. "Item not Found" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Item not Found" error: Hi guys, I have upgraded from Build 18362.86 to .113 using KB4497936 successfully. But when I right click on desktop to create a new folder of text document I get the "Item not Found" error. Kindly advise how to resolve this issue, thanks... 132803