Windows 10: Unknown Local Disk drive

Discus and support Unknown Local Disk drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ikofig, Sep 3, 2018.

1. ikofig Win User

Unknown Local Disk drive

I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local Disk F drive (which has 896 MB free of 914 MB and the Properties say it was created on May 21, 2018). What can this F drive be and how could it get there? I never created any partitions (I don't even know how to do it).

:)

ikofig, Sep 3, 2018
  2. ikofig Win User

Unknown Local Disk drive

I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local Disk F drive (which has 896 MB free of 914 MB and the Properties say it was created on May 21, 2018). What
    can this F drive be and how could it get there? I never created any partitions (I don't even know how to do it).

ikofig, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Unknown Local Disk drive

Unknown drive

Hi Harold,

The unknown drive could be a system recovery drive or some other drive which you don't have access to it. You may follow these steps to check what kind of drive it is:

• Click on Search bar.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc.
    • Check description of the ESP (FUnknown Local Disk drive :) drive. Also check whether the drive is recovery drive or System Drive.
    You may also refer to this link for Disk cleanup in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Unknown Local Disk drive

1. Unknown Local Disk drive - Similar Threads - Unknown Local Disk

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. account unknown on local disk properties? windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account unknown on local disk properties? windows 11: I was looking at the properties on my local drive and in the security tab i saw a account called account unknown and a bunch of letters and numbers ill put a screenshot down below, i tried removing it and a bunch of warnings showed up but then it was removed then couple of...
  6. account unknown on local disk properties? windows 11

account unknown on local disk properties? windows 11: I was looking at the properties on my local drive and in the security tab i saw a account called account unknown and a bunch of letters and numbers ill put a screenshot down below, i tried removing it and a bunch of warnings showed up but then it was removed then couple of...
  7. Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...: I was running window 7 on a 500 Gig hard drive with 2 partitions. the computer suddenly stopped booting and tried to install win 10 using USB, but something when wrong,...
  8. Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...

Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...: I was running window 7 on a 500 Gig hard drive with 2 partitions. the computer suddenly stopped booting and tried to install win 10 using USB, but something when wrong,...
  9. Unknown local drive after a backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown local drive after a backup: Hi, I have an external drive of 1tb L: that I use to store all of my pictures on. I have another external drive of 3tb K: that is designated for backups of the internal drives but I also wanted to backup the smaller drive and store the backup on the larger drive. I sat...
  10. Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk: my hard drive changed to raw, and now do not look in windows! In the data manager, I can see that it exists. unknown disk no initiated! I can not format it and can not change partition or do anything else? I have tried many programs, mini tools two but it's coming nowhere! is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown local drive on phone