Windows 10: Unknown Malware were detected and partially removed

Discus and support Unknown Malware were detected and partially removed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.0.3001.0 to scan for malware after Microsoft Windows Defender found a malware threat but the result of MS Safety... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlickLoke, Dec 25, 2020.

1. AlickLoke Win User

Unknown Malware were detected and partially removed

I used Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.0.3001.0 to scan for malware after Microsoft Windows Defender found a malware threat but the result of MS Safety Scanner was "Unknown Malware Detected, not removed". Does anyone know what this mean?

After Windows Defender found the malware and blocked it, my computer seems fine and speed has been restored to normal speed ie. Mouse moving as it should.

I wonder why I did a MS Safety Scanner after this and it show "Unknown Malware Detected, not removed". Could this be a false positive?

:)

AlickLoke, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Thylacine Win User

Windows Defender only partially removing malware

Hi

I have a Windows 10, 64bit platform.

I noticed that my screen was momentarily going black when opening some applications (mainly Microsoft ones). One suggestion was to download the virus checker from Microsoft (MSERT) which I did and ran. It picked up the win32/Dartsmouth malware and partially
    removed. I then tried to follow the instructions for manual removal but it was not listed as an app so I hit a dead end.

A day or so later I noticed the same problem so ran the virus checker again and got the same result. This is becoming a regular occurrence and it suggests that the malware has an adaption to reinstall itself. I downloaded AVG and Malwarebytes to see if
    either of those could pick up and completely remove the virus but neither identified the virus.

Any suggestions on how to completely remove this malware?

Thanks

Thylacine, Dec 25, 2020
  3. malware partially removed

Hello Ashish,

This means that the malware has already been removed but you may need to take additional actions like running a virus scan to make sure that all malwares are removed. For further explanation, we suggest that you refer to the answers of Le Boule, Cyber_Defend_Team,
    and quietman7 on this
    thread link

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Le Boule, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown Malware were detected and partially removed - Similar Threads - Unknown Malware were

2. Defender Detects Malware But Fails To Remediate / Remove It

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Detects Malware But Fails To Remediate / Remove It: While this is not a new problem, it appears to be affecting more and more of the users, that post in this forum.Defender can repeatedly identify the same malware, over and over again. And the notification in Protection History, includes the ominous message, that the "malware...
  3. Defender detected malware

Defender detected malware: Hi,in my environment the file 7zG.exe got deployed automatically to 100+ devices not manually or not from SCCM- not sure how it got deployed the defender has detected malware in it due to this, we have received 100+ alert generated for the same and still continuing.does this...
  4. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...
  5. Malware - Unknown

Malware - Unknown: I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected. Please advise. Thank you....
  6. Security Malware Unknown source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Malware Unknown source: While i was looking at my privacy settings i noticed that under some of the Microsoft Icons such as Office and Windows that instead of Microsoft Corp being listed under their Icon UNKNOWN was listed instead. This happened not long after i connected my iCLOUD account to my...
  7. Windows Defender only partially removing malware

Windows Defender only partially removing malware: Hi I have a Windows 10, 64bit platform. I noticed that my screen was momentarily going black when opening some applications mainly Microsoft ones. One suggestion was to download the virus checker from Microsoft MSERT which I did and ran. It picked up the...
  8. malware win32/lodi found on my computer and said "only partially removed"

malware win32/lodi found on my computer and said "only partially removed": Sir/Ms- as above , I tried to manually delete the above but could not find it under tasks or programs. Can you suggest anything as my computer seems to run ok ; I run Avast Antivirus and not just Windows Defender ; thanks, jimtennisred...
  9. Microsoft scanner detection partially removed

Microsoft scanner detection partially removed: Full scan by Microsoft scanner reports as follows: Misleading:Win32/Lodi Partially removed What is this and how to fully remove? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-scanner-detection-partially-removed/b5112b57-d3c0-49e3-82a1-a716f032de08
  10. "no scanners were detected"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "no scanners were detected": After installing the latest (10/18) windows 10 update I get a no scanners detected message when trying to scan docs. Printer works fine to print, but I can't get computer to recognize it as a scanner. Scanning worked before update, but not now. I guess I will be told to...