Windows 10: Unknown Network Error

Discus and support Unknown Network Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For the last couple of weeks I've been having major issues w/my internet. Whenever I try to download something, no matter how small the file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Erased, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Erased Win User

Unknown Network Error

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I've been having major issues w/my internet. Whenever I try to download something, no matter how small the file is I keep getting this "Unknown Network Error" I have tried the things I've seen online. Tried clearing cookies & site data, Locally stored data etc. I have even changed my router AND modem twice already. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do anymore, any suggestions and help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

I'm running:

Windows 10 Pro(all updated) 64-bit
    Core i7 363-0QM CPU @ 2.4GHz
    16GB RAM

:)

Erased, Apr 8, 2016

2. Windows 10: Networking troubleshooting gives 0x80070490

My Windows 10 box cannot connect to the internet through its wireless connection. (It can connect fine when plugged in through an ethernet cable.)

I've tried Windows -> Settings, Network & Internet. Network status is "Not connected".

So I select "Troubleshoot" on the network status page, and get "A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting".

The error is:

Package ID: unknown

Path: unknown

Error code: 0x80070490

Source: Engine

Context: Restricted

I've searched online without success so far. There's information related to this error code, but from different apps, not from Network and Internet settings.

AmyWoodward1, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Booklet gives error with Cisco VPN client

I'm trying to connect to my office network with Cisco VPN client, but it gives error:

"Secure VPN connection terminated by Peer.

Reason 427: Unknown error Occurred at Peer."

Can anybody help in this matter...

Ari

arika---01, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Unknown Network Error

Are you using Chrome by any chance? If so, there are many reports here: Google

CADesertRat, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

Unknown Network Error

1. Unknown Network Error - Similar Threads - Unknown Network Error

2. unknown network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  3. unknown network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  4. unknown network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unknown network + no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown network + no internet: Hi all,Yesterday I downloaded a Windows update that took quite a while, today upon logging in I noticed that I could not go on the internet because my pc has no internet connection. Not only this but it says “unknown network”. Scoured through the internet and found that some...
  6. Unknown Printer on Network

Unknown Printer on Network: Windows 10 on home network after scanning network an unknown printer appears at random. Dont know who or what area it is from and only information is a network properties with only a MAC address How does this matter and is my network secure with network discovery Does the...
  7. unknown device on network

unknown device on network: Hello, I use WiFi Guard to monitor my network devices, and have a device showing up on the network that I cannot account for. The network belongs to my roommate, and in addition to my devices, I've identified all her devices on the network. But this one device shows up at...
  8. UNKNOWN NETWORK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNKNOWN NETWORK: unable to stat Bits servive. Attacked and appears ahcker AS A PUBLIC PROPFILE AN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-network/659a3491-43d2-4535-af87-25cc05b43640
  9. Unknown Network

Unknown Network: I continue to get the "Unknown Network" when trying to set up my Ethernet controller. I am using my WiFi to access the internet but the direct connection through the hard cable is a lot faster when it's working. I have disabled it. I have removed it. Cleared the IPv4 and...
  10. DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network

DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network: Hi, I've been struggling for months with this problem. My laptop won't connect to some networks. Usually there are networks like that on my university or other shared networks. The problem I get is that it doesn't recognize the DNS server. Usually it is solved...